Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unlocking the car

lucas1787

Hi, Should I be able to unlock the car with the key without the alarm going off?. Went to unlock the car with the remote and it didnt work, unlocked with the key and the alarm started going off. I thought using the key in the lock, would disable the alarm. I know my focus works on the key? Can anyone shed some light please. Thanks. :(

C-Max 1.8Ghia 2004

Hi, Should I be able to unlock the car with the key without the alarm going off?. Went to unlock the car with the remote and it didnt work, unlocked with the key and the alarm started going off. I thought using the key in the lock, would disable the alarm. I know my focus works on the key? Can anyone shed some light please. Thanks. :(

Ours did the same the other night much to the annoyance of the neighbours, couldnt find our usual keys so got the spare and when I opened the door the alarm went off and we had to put up with the noise until the alarm had done its bit, so I reckon its something that ford in their wisdom havent thought about and if we lose our remote keys we cant use our cars until we go and pay them shed loads of money for another remote key ? :-/

Hi on our c max if the key is used there is a delay before the alarm goes off to allow the key to be put in the ignition . dont know how long it is delayed for but if the key is put in the alarm is disarmed .

Hi on our c max if the key is used there is a delay before the alarm goes off to allow the key to be put in the ignition . dont know how long it is delayed for but if the key is put in the alarm is disarmed .

p.s. just a thought , is your key one you have had cut ? if so will it start the car ? my mate bought 2 spare keys from a motor shop but they dint tell him they would not start the engine cos there was no transmitter inside them .

p.s. just a thought , is your key one you have had cut ? if so will it start the car ? my mate bought 2 spare keys from a motor shop but they dint tell him they would not start the engine cos there was no transmitter inside them .

I have two keys,one remote and one plain, but it does have transmitter to start the car.I tried this again this morning and found it worked ok. So I then questions myself, did I do something wrong?, not sure what but until the next time!!. Thanks again for the replys to my question, again where would we be without forums like this. :rolleyes: