Sign in to follow this  
Snowchick

Edge Engine Failure

Recommended Posts

Yes...my 8 month old Edge isn't starting and I am currently waiting for a low loader to take to local Ford garage (who can't look at it until next week!)

Ford Assist sent out the AA who tested battery; but that doesn't appear to be the issue. 

Has anyone experienced the same on the forum? Are there any known issues? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Click bait thread title lol. Can't be of help sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Surfmobile said:

Apologies. What would one refer to an engine that's failing in its ability to start? 

Car won't start? May have nothing to do with the engine. Engine failure implies catastrophic internal failure resulting in it needing rebuilding or replacing. Could be a immobiliser fault or fuel pump or a number of things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Surfmobile said:

Apologies. What would one refer to an engine that's failing in its ability to start? 

Semantics I suppose. What was the problem with it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brad8988 said:

Car won't start? May have nothing to do with the engine. Engine failure implies catastrophic internal failure resulting in it needing rebuilding or replacing. Could be a immobiliser fault or fuel pump or a number of things. 

Thank you - unfortunately my knowledge of the mechanical make up of a car is somewhat limited. I came onto the forum to identify whether anyone had experienced anything similar, not be highlighed for choosing miswording for thread title? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Surfmobile said:

Thank you - unfortunately my knowledge of the mechanical make up of a car is somewhat limited. I came onto the forum to identify whether anyone had experienced anything similar, not be highlighed for choosing miswording for thread title? 

Are Snowchick and Surfmobile the same person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We aren't having a dig. The thread title  just felt misleading which may just be to people with some mechanical experience. Sorry for the confusion, we didn't mean to cause offence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry bad day. Having driven to Ford (which is some drive) to collect Edge that is apparently fixed, kept waiting for 15 minutes and eventually told that they are unable to start car again.... Not impressed! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this