Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1500 miles in

NeilRS

Just ticked over 1500 in my first month of ownership. Thoughts so far:

Very quiet in side, even at motorway speeds. Quite a bit of wind noise with the sunroof tilted- and with the windows open you realise that the engine is noisier than you're led to believe in the cockpit. 

I find the seats very comfortable. Headrooms not brilliant- reduced I suppose by the sunroof, but ok. I'm 6' 4 so to be expected. 

Technology is good- although the gesture tail gate opening is a bit hit and miss. Had a few issues with sync having a meltdown but most of the time ok. 

Fuel economy good for a big lump- 39 is my average on my commute which is a mixture of B roads, city and dual carraige way

Boot is big and a good shape- although haven't loaded in anger yet. 

Think it looks great- stands out from the rest in my opinion. 

I was convinced a generic set of roof bars would fit as they hook over the side of the roof-however tried them this weekend. The metal work under the roof pillar slopes by 45 degrees- so hooks can't get a firm grip. Probably should have checked before I spent £30 odd k on it- chalk that one up to experience! 

Overall I am very pleased and have no regrets, apart from not opting for the LED headlights- but they were sooooo expensive.

I've not quite done so many miles yet (1200) but have had a similar experience.  I don't have a sunroof so have a ridiculous amount of head room for my 5'10.  I also think the LED lights would be much better but probably not at that price. I also am averaging 39 mpg at the moment with mixed driving.

I've found with the gesture tail gate that if I swing my foot under but then just stand there sometimes it won't open but every time I have done it and taken a step back it has always opened.  It is as if it is waiting for you to "get out of the way".

The only real annoyance I have is if you use a jet wash to clean the car and you have the keys in your pocket, every time the water touches any of the door handles the car locks/unlocks.  To a casual observer it must look like a ***** disco!

I've even done a little gentle offroading without any issues.

I haven't experienced the washing issue yet- I tend to wash it at home with a low pressure hose so maybe that's why- and maybe I leave the keys in the house- will check this weekend during its bi weekly spruce up. While we're on the washing subject- I find it hard to clean the whole roof- may have to employ a small stool to reach the middle. The wheels are exceptionally easy to clean which is nice. 

On 05/04/2017 at 2:20 PM, Jim610 said:

must look like a ***** disco!

Amused to find the forum profanity checker turns that red stuff in our veins into *****!  Big brother eh! Or is that nanny state?

11 hours ago, NeilRS said:

I haven't experienced the washing issue yet- I tend to wash it at home with a low pressure hose so maybe that's why- and maybe I leave the keys in the house- will check this weekend during its bi weekly spruce up. While we're on the washing subject- I find it hard to clean the whole roof- may have to employ a small stool to reach the middle. The wheels are exceptionally easy to clean which is nice. 

I'm 6 foot. I bought one of these, not sure which one of the 3 shown I bought though! http://www.diy.com/departments/tools-equipment/ladders-steps/work-platforms/DIY637211.cat

As an over enthusiastic car washer, I wash mine every weekend. I use a long caravan brush to wash the roof, which works great, but at 6'2" I still struggle to reach to dry the middle of the roof! 

Absolutely love the car, but find my daily commute hammers fuel consumption. I'm averaging 36-37 mpg despite being quite light on the pedals. The combination of local roadworks and rush hour driving are a nightmare... I appear to be averaging about 30mpg towing the caravan though...

In my 900 miles so far, I've found:

Dislikes

Front lights. Even small cars have LED DRLs, but not the £38k Edge. For the price decent headlamps should come as standard! Not as a £1000+ option...

Tailgate doesn't open as high as on my old Kuga. I keep forgetting this... Ouch!

Fit and finish. The paintwork and trim is not up to the standard you'd expect for the price. It's back at the dealers next week for a new front wheel (car was delivered with paint chip out of the wheel), replacement of passenger door trim (loose) and a repair strange mark on the drivers door...

The voice on Sync2 is so synthetic. On my Kuga TitX it sounded almost human, as it did on my 2010 Mondeo before it. On the Edge the voice is aweful and pronounces Barnes as Barr Nez! I can accept this on my wife's EcoSport, but why is the Sync2 voice on the Edge worse than that on the Kuga?

Absolutely EVERYTHING else!

Love the styling, seats, space, Powershift, colour....

I'm around 600 miles in & I'm really liking the Edge (Silver Sport 210 with powershift & lux pack & few other extras). Great to drive & great there's so few Edges about. Auto tailgate works every time although I have kicked the car a few times & got some weird looks. The auto stop/start has also now started to work. MPG is only sitting around 34 (my previous petrol ST3 got 34) but it's early days so I hope it will improve. I was fortunate to get one with the LED lights which are excellent & I've even added the LED puddle lights that someone recommended on one of the posts on here, even I could fit them.

Everything seems to work except for the door "auto relock" so it is booked in at Ford in a couple of weeks for them to sort that, hopefully.

I have noticed some wind noise (when driving at 40mph or above) coming form the driver's door top corner i.e. right next to my ear hole, all the trim looks intact so I'm a bit puzzled what is causing it, cranking up the super sound system obviously drowns it out :cool:

I have Sync 2 as the vehicle was a Feb 2016 build but sat in an Evans Halshaw compound until I bought it 3 weeks ago but so far no problems & Sync 2 does much more than I need plus I've never experienced Sync 3 so don't know what I'm missing.

Oh & I can't reach the middle of the roof to clean it!

So far after only 400miles.. since last Thursday, Only faults I found on mine MY2017 210 Sport with all trimmings apart of tow bar (I do not do caravaning). are 2 dirty fingers? marks on interior finish (dry piece of cloth fixed it), and either I managed to switch off somehow or bulb just blow up in the boot light. On the delivery was working now is gone..

Current MPG in mix drive is up to 38 - 40, and on constant increase - perhaps as the power train settle in, that was a case in all my previous new cars. 

Do not found any strange noises, chips or other horror stuff you do report here... and make me worry.

No issues with gadgets (love them) and tech.

Yes noticed that fuel tank flush... but is not like terrible and spotted it on other cars before, so still nothing unusual. Fingers crossed mine is lucky one?

Good news Luke- glad you like the car. 

Luke. Are you referring to the fuel sloshing in the tank. If so we have that on our mondeo but to be honest i hardly ever notice it. 

sbird1975, yes exactly what i do have in mind. Again, if you pay attention you will hear it, from my personal experience, in most of cars with tank larger than a few pints.. lol.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I can't hear it any more- must have zoned it out. I've also go an old mx 5 which I've been using for the commute when I can as I was racking up the miles on the Edge a bit too quickly- however back in the Edge today and it's a much nicer place to be. Absolutely no fun- but that's not what I bought it for, but does everything I want it to do. The commute seems to take half the time. 

• 5 weeks later...

Ive had my Ingot Silver 210 Sport since late January 17 and have been thoroughly pleased with it, having just notched up 2500 miles.  There have been a few minor niggles, like the passive key occasionally decides not to operate when I put my hand on the drivers door handle.  Strangely it has only done this twice and on each occasion, I unlocked the car with the rear door handle.  The gesture tailgate opener/closer works great now I've got used to what it expects, which is a quick in out movement of the foot.  The wipers have on one occasion failed to operate, but switching off then on again fixed that and it hasn't done it since.  I think that there are so many electronic gadgets that sometimes, like a computer, the car just says no.  On the plus point, the electronics are quite clever in some regards.  When washing the first time by hand, I lifted up the independent wipers then when I put them back later, I couldn't remember which one was on top.  It turns out that it doesn't matter as the car sorts it out itself.  You should try putting them the wrong way round just for the novelty value of watching it sort itself.  That is clever. The driver's wiper should be on top for info.  One thing that I only figured out the other day was global opening and closing of the windows.  On previous Fords if you press and hold the open or close button on your key fob, the windows would all open or close together.  Handy when approaching the car on a scorching day like we have had recently as the interior cools down a bit before you get in.  On the Edge, you have to press the fob button twice then hold it on the second pressing to make this work.  I was convinced my car didn't have global close until I did this by accident last week.

All in all I'm delighted with the smoothness and comfort of my Edge, but most of my mileage is short local journeys, so unlike others above, I'm only getting about 33 mpg average.  On saying that, my last car was a Focus ST with the 2.5litre turbo lump in it, averaging 26 mpg, so I'm not that bothered by 33 and I know on a decent run it will easily get over 40.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club