Sign in to follow this  
Russ

The ritual

Recommended Posts

Anyone else been doing the ritualistic scrub up with the sun being out? 

Powerwashed/dried, Autobrite Direct 'Brilliance', Autobrite 'Crystal' glass cleaner, Maguires tyre gel then 2 hours later one coat of 'Carbanuba' .. shiny shiny but not for long looking at the weather report :(

FullSizeRender.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ZetecMan1 said:

Looks good mate. 

What wax do you use?👍

Autobrite Direct Carbanuba. It's a liquid wax with carnauba in it and smells of banana hence carbanuba. You just put a small amount on, rub it in, let it bond for 15 minutes then it wipes off easily! From the link below or even from amazon

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=Carbanuba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Russ said:

Anyone else been doing the ritualistic scrub up with the sun being out? 

Powerwashed/dried, Autobrite Direct 'Brilliance', Autobrite 'Crystal' glass cleaner, Maguires tyre gel then 2 hours later one coat of 'Carbanuba' .. shiny shiny but not for long looking at the weather report :(

FullSizeRender.jpg

i know what colour my car is under the dirt now . lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I gave my car a proper inside & out clean today, it's been neglected for too long so needed doing,

It also had it's MOT/Service on Friday, MOT passed with no advisories (Yay!) but had it's cambelt changed which wasn't cheap (8 Year Service).


Vacuumed mats & carpet

Simoniz Matt Spray on dash & trim

Simoniz foam upholstery cleaner

Simoniz Alloy cleaner

Rinsed car (using garden hose, need a power washer)

Simoniz Wash & Wax x2

Dried with Microfiber towel

Polished with Turtle Wax Color Magic (Dark Blue)

waxed with Armor All Shield Wax.

 

It took me about 6 hours to do and now my arms are killing me lol,

I don't use the best polish or wax but they are easy to put on and you wipe them straight off, I'm happy with the results.

It was 8pm by the time I was finished, so it was too dark for a good photo, probably get a nice beading shot once it rains tomorrow lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

i know what colour my car is under the dirt now . lol

There was a 1.6 focus Sport 2008 (same year/colour as my titanium) in the neighbours driveway unwashed and the colour difference was amazing. Mind you it did look like he used it to transport concrete/plasterboard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was just the interior for me yesterday, full vacuum, upholstery cleaner on the seats, carpets and mats, polished the glass then gave the dash and other plastics a good clean 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to get a shot as I got to work, then a shower later ruined it lol.

I've never used stuff on my tyres to make them look newer, maybe I should start so it makes the alloys pop.
20170424_075957_HDR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something to blacken my tyres is desperately need for myself too, every time I get to the wheels when cleaning the outside I think to myself **** I've forgotten to get myself any, I should order some now whilst I remember 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup , almost completed the annual full monty paintwork renovation , comprising of :-

wash , rinse , detox with iron X fall-out remover , rinse again , clay bar , wash again , hand polished whole car by hand with compound , 2 coats of wax , remove wheels completely and scrub inside rims ,scrub clean painted calipers front & back with old toobrush

still got to wax wheels and coat glass with sealant then finished.

this is on an estate in metallic black , so around 3 full days work

hardly surprising this is only a once every year affair :-)

and theres no photos cos its already dirty again :-D

but i take comfort from the fact a quick hose down will reveal all its glossy glory again and all that prep and hard graft will leave it easy to maintain all the way into next winter :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then the rains came (and snow) lol

20170425_163548_HDR.thumb.jpg.edcb74b70656fa5033e446815e9717dc.jpg

It's good to see the beading on a cleaned and protected car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

Then the rains came (and snow) lol

20170425_163548_HDR.thumb.jpg.edcb74b70656fa5033e446815e9717dc.jpg

It's good to see the beading on a cleaned and protected car.

what colour blue is your car ? i love that colour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Commencal24 said:

Something to blacken my tyres is desperately need for myself too, every time I get to the wheels when cleaning the outside I think to myself **** I've forgotten to get myself any, I should order some now whilst I remember 😆

Maguires tyre gel works a treat :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

what colour blue is your car ? i love that colour

It's Ocean Blue,

It's a bit darker than the Performance Blue on the ST but I prefer it.

 

I worked with someone who had a Zetec in the same colour, and there is also another Ocean Blue in my street,

When parked near each other after I've cleaned it properly they look so different, definitely a colour that likes to shine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/04/2017 at 7:07 PM, RAIDER32 said:

It's Ocean Blue,

It's a bit darker than the Performance Blue on the ST but I prefer it.

 

I worked with someone who had a Zetec in the same colour, and there is also another Ocean Blue in my street,

When parked near each other after I've cleaned it properly they look so different, definitely a colour that likes to shine.

cheers i like it a lot think its the best by far  . used to like my old escot in amparo blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this