Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil leak 1.6 tdci (2009) mk2.5

1157jonboy

Hello, I was checking over my engine the other day and noticed oil all over my air conditioning pump bracket. The sump is also wet with oil, I found 1 loose sump bolt but can't see anything leaking above the air con bracket. Any ideas? Cheers

Welcome!

Take a look at the plastic cam cover box on top of the engine. For starters, check the retaining nuts aren't loose and the moulded neoprene gasket that sits in the cover is in good condition and hasn't been distorted. Check the seal in the clip on adapter on the RHS of the plastic cam box that goes to the hose that connects the turbo and air filter box. Fit an additional jubilee clip if necessary. 

If you clean all the existing oil spillage off the front of the engine and monitor things for a week or so you should spot where it's coming from. There are a few additional suspects in the oil leak department but check the easy ones first before delving in the inlet manifold department. Is there any oil pooling around the injector tubes?

Thanks for your advice Focusoap, so far the cam cover & gasket look good, no leaks there, nothing pooling around the injectors either.  I'll check the pipe for the turbo & air filter box next, and I'll give the engine a degrease at the weekend. Hope it's nothing too serious!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club