Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK3 TitX Xenon Headlights

kpg

Ive seen a set of these and I'm considering a sorta retrofit. My plan is to fit the headlights but use a standard aftermarket HID Kit and use focccus to sort out the bulb warnings. Anyone know if this wouldn't be possible and why? I'm pretty sure the bulb fitment for OEM XEnons is DS3 ? Is there any aftermarket bulb type that will fit the headlight ? Like a H1 or whatever ? I've seen some DS3 bulb holders that look like rings, can these be got to fit a standard bulb into a DS3 housing ? Any and all info appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Before you go any further... what you are wanting to achieve with your standard headlights is very illegal, you will blind everyone and will void your insurance.

If you wish to have Xenons on your car, you need to get projectors, and you also need auto leveling and head light washers. To retrofit the Titanium X factory headlights you will still need the automatic leveling and washers, and probably a completely new loom.

Without these additions again your car would be very illegal, and your insurance would be void.

The bulb used in the original xenons are D3S bulbs correct. However you wouldn't be able to fit an aftermarket kit easily as the ballasts are built into the bulbs, and there is an additional collar that will go around the bulb that is required to lock it into the Ford headlight.

• Like 3

^ +1 on the above, I've asked ford and it's a new ooom required to make them work as they should new headlight switch in side plus lights and labour I was quoted 3k!!! I'm going to SJ conversion and having Simon completely redo my lights and set them up correctly that's the best advice I could say to do 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club