Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I love my new "Jumpy" KA! OH loves his Fiesta!

lauraGeeGee

Collected my Ka Zetec in "Jump" ( :P )on the 30th!

I was so sad to see my former Ka go though!

Have to say I'm loving the new one. The colour is growing on me even more. Even though a work colleague called it "Tennis Ball Green" yesterday!

It runs like a dream with no rattles compared to my last one, such a difference. Heated windscreen? well WOW! So good in the frost and no scraping!

Only minor thing, so far, is one of the number plate lights have gone out. It even told me on the dash that it had too. Not used to these luxuries. I'll be popping it back to Fords asap. I'd change it myself to avoid the aggro but don't want to fiddle about at this early stage of ownership!

Hubby picked up his Fiesta Zetec in Vision at the same time, he's loving that too! We can't decide what one to go out in at the mo and there are fights as to who's going to pick up a pint of milk!

Ordered Chinese last night and they weren't delivering, neither of us had any qualms about collecting it! It's great!

I could go on about it all day! :rolleyes:

nice to hear someone is happy with their ka at long last

we need a section where we can all shout how good the ka is going but that maybe tempting fate.

have a great new year to you both & many enjoyable miles i ur cars.

on a sad note

i will be getting rid of my old ka soon as i need to get something a little newer but not another ka im afraid but i will

be calling in here to give any advice where i can

nice to hear someone is happy with their ka at long last

we need a section where we can all shout how good the ka is going but that maybe tempting fate.

have a great new year to you both & many enjoyable miles i ur cars.

on a sad note

i will be getting rid of my old ka soon as i need to get something a little newer but not another ka im afraid but i will

be calling in here to give any advice where i can

I'm hoping not to have too many problems!! I never had any trouble with the old one. It was faithful for the past 8 years, even with the corosion and leaks it still ran beautifully.

I wasn't keen on the new style at first to be honest. I loved my old one but it needed 2grand worth of work! It had loads of rust, looking on here at what others have suffered, it appeared in the usual places plus a few more! Not to mention, it was leaking various fluids from just about everywhere despite regular maintainence and main dealer servicing/parts (costs!). I was so sad to see it go. It was a V reg so it did well.

Wasn't keen on that "Jump" colour either! I wanted green and that was the only green they had! (I have a thing about green cars being lucky, mad I know but it's kept me out of trouble and this is my third green car!) I didn't fancy waiting for months for another colour either as I couldn't! It was a case of stumping up 2 grand to keep the old one on the road or going for the new one!

Must admit, I don't see much shouting on here about the Ka! Maybe that will change in time, I do hope so.

Happy New Year to you too!

I wouldn't be so sure about rattles not returning - the courtesy '09 Ka I had from my dealer, with something like 2000 miles on it, had a rattle.

I'm not really a fan of the new shape, or the new interior. Yes, it looks more modern, but the new Ka doesn't have all the storage space the old Ka had. Also, to me, it feels a bit more cramped inside because they made the dashboard bigger.

Anyway, good luck to you - I know it's very exciting having a new car. :)

Congratulations on the new car. the way people talk on here every new ka is riddled with problems. There not some have had problems as have new fiestas and every other manufacturers cars world wide do. Drive it ,enjoy it and have fun in its funky colours would love to see some pics of it inside and out. Then when you change it some pauper like me will have and enjoy more years from it. like you said the last one lasted 8yrs no probs this im sure wiil do exactly the same.

Congratulations on the new car. the way people talk on here every new ka is riddled with problems. There not some have had problems as have new fiestas and every other manufacturers cars world wide do. Drive it ,enjoy it and have fun in its funky colours would love to see some pics of it inside and out. Then when you change it some pauper like me will have and enjoy more years from it. like you said the last one lasted 8yrs no probs this im sure wiil do exactly the same.

Thanks Hendrix! There are pics in my album actually. I think people can see them, pretty new to this forum but I think they're available for all to see!

I agree that all cars, especially new models tend to have problems. So far so good with mine! 112 miles done now and counting!

I will happilly shout about my new Ka! I loooooooooove it! :P It is absolutely gorgeous and is great to drive! I love the colour, it's a zetec in scuba and matches my eyes perfectly! A perfect girly car.

I dont have any issues with the car itself, just issues with poor workman ship and idiots who work at ford, but you get that with all low end cars, now if i had a top end merc or bmw or something then id realy be kicking up a stink.....!

oh and for the record I HATE the old style ka, think they look like go-karts and would never ever have considered having one but as soon as I saw the new Ka I fell in love, before that was considering the new fiesta in hot magenta but it was a little too big for me personally. :P

I really like your car from the pics. I am liking the tennis colour green! :) think i'd have that colour if I was to get one. I am pleased you are so happy with it!

When I first seen them I wasnt so sure but they are growing on me, gotta have the alloys on them though me thinks!

• 2 weeks later...
I will happilly shout about my new Ka! I loooooooooove it! :P It is absolutely gorgeous and is great to drive! I love the colour, it's a zetec in scuba and matches my eyes perfectly! A perfect girly car.

I dont have any issues with the car itself, just issues with poor workman ship and idiots who work at ford, but you get that with all low end cars, now if i had a top end merc or bmw or something then id realy be kicking up a stink.....!

oh and for the record I HATE the old style ka, think they look like go-karts and would never ever have considered having one but as soon as I saw the new Ka I fell in love, before that was considering the new fiesta in hot magenta but it was a little too big for me personally. :P

Glad someone else loves theirs too!! I'm so enjoying mine. It's a pleasure to drive.

I wouldn't be so certain about better workmanship etc with Mercs and BMW's though! I know people who have had both and have had no end of grief! Not to mention horrendous costs. No thanks! I'll stick to my Ford! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Glad someone else loves theirs too!! I'm so enjoying mine. It's a pleasure to drive.

I wouldn't be so certain about better workmanship etc with Mercs and BMW's though! I know people who have had both and have had no end of grief! Not to mention horrendous costs. No thanks! I'll stick to my Ford! :D

Hello, laura,

My wife loves her new KA as well, especially the heated front screen! Someone else on here complained about the room inside but I find it ok and I'm 6'4! Her old clio was far worse!

I used to have a KA3 years ago so wehn we decided we wanted to get rid of the Smart I really wanted to get another one but try as I might I could not fall in love with it

Still ended up in a Ford tho! LOL

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, laura,

My wife loves her new KA as well, especially the heated front screen! Someone else on here complained about the room inside but I find it ok and I'm 6'4! Her old clio was far worse!

Hello James.

Must admit, I think there seems to be more room inside this one rather than the previous model.

It's been almost 2 months and just over 800 miles and I love it!

Had no problems, leaks or anything. Only the number plate light which was replaced in a couple of days by Ford.

Still loving it!!! :D . Though it's a bit of a b*gger to keep clean! :rolleyes:

Hello James.

Must admit, I think there seems to be more room inside this one rather than the previous model.

It's been almost 2 months and just over 800 miles and I love it!

Had no problems, leaks or anything. Only the number plate light which was replaced in a couple of days by Ford.

Still loving it!!! :D . Though it's a bit of a b*gger to keep clean! :rolleyes:

I agree about keeping it clean bein a b*gger, i've got it in scuba and it is a nightmare 2 keep clean it shows up all the marks, though dirty rainwater and filthy roads don't help!

lol

You're lucky not to have discovered any leaks yet! Though didnt notice mine till after 5 months... With the rubbish weather we've had though i'm sure you would have found it by now though so you're probably ok! :)

Fingers crossed mine is ok now too, after the 3rd trip to ford yesterday :unsure:

I agree about keeping it clean bein a b*gger, i've got it in scuba and it is a nightmare 2 keep clean it shows up all the marks, though dirty rainwater and filthy roads don't help!

lol

You're lucky not to have discovered any leaks yet! Though didnt notice mine till after 5 months... With the rubbish weather we've had though i'm sure you would have found it by now though so you're probably ok! smile.gif

Fingers crossed mine is ok now too, after the 3rd trip to ford yesterday unsure.gif

rather strange that the car is suffering fromquite a few issues yet its based on the fiat 500 and the majority of its parts are the same as a fiat panda yet neither of those two are showing the same faults the ka is with either leaks or electrical issues its a new car so there will be fau;lts some have lots some have very little

Good thing is, once issues like this are sorted, in theory there shouldn't be any more issues like it so your car should be good for a long time now. I had lots of trouble with my old shape '08 reg Ka that I've had from new, but I think now that the problems are sorted I should be good for quite some time now. :)

Good thing is, once issues like this are sorted, in theory there shouldn't be any more issues like it so your car should be good for a long time now. I had lots of trouble with my old shape '08 reg Ka that I've had from new, but I think now that the problems are sorted I should be good for quite some time now. smile.gif

yeah ford seem to be getting them ironed out slowly but surely seems to be related to where thay are built

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club