Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHICH ALLOY WHEELS?

LIAMSAFC

Hi guys was just wondering which wheels you prefer on MK6 Fiesta's, left or right? cheers

FIESTA WHEELS.png

I prefer left, look more aggressive.

Don't forget to tell your insurance :cool:

• Like 1

I prefer left, look more aggressive.
Don't forget to tell your insurance cool.png

+1
Yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for feedback, i agree, i prefer the left as well, just been offered a set of 5 for £140, reckon that's a fair price?

If they're clean and tidy that's a very respectable price.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The wheels in the left pic are 16″ however the right wheels are 15″ would they both use the same size wheel nuts and locking wheel nut? I've got the 15s on mine atm but i was thinking of getting a set of 16s after someone offered me a set of 4 at a great price, he's told me the locking wheel nut + wheel nuts that are on my 15's will fit the 16. Is this true? cheers in advance for replies.

Sounds about right. Think about it from a production point of view. Makes more sense to use the same size nuts on every size alloy wheel they fit, therefore having less user error by using the wrong nut, and less nuts of a different type to make/order. My mk7.5 alloys (15" to 17") were the same lug nuts.

• Like 1

left as well and yeah if you are getting them in good condition i w ould definitely jump at that. I am guessing they are without tyres?

• Like 1

With tyres Anth, 2 of the tyres are practically brand new, 1 still has a decent amount of tread left and the other tyre is still legal but will need replacing soon but I'm not too sure about that one still being legal so I might just get a replacement straight away. 

Do you guys think that bottom left wheel is beyond repair? Seems a little bent but may not mean its buckled. What's your opinions, lad says I can have set for £70. I asked if I could get them checked at a wheel refurb garage if I left a small deposit but he said he hasn't got time for that. Should i leave it or get them?

IMG_0926.JPG

All depends on the tyre condition. If they're all decent makes and have a fair bit of tred then it's not a bad price. You'd want to make sure that last one will hold pressure. I wouldn't bother getting them repaired, costs more than they are worth.

• Like 1

All depends on the tyre condition. If they're all decent makes and have a fair bit of tred then it's not a bad price. You'd want to make sure that last one will hold pressure. I wouldn't bother getting them repaired, costs more than they are worth.
For £70 i'd take them & keep looking for a spare alloy of same. Use damaged one for spare.
Yunii

• Like 1

personally I would not be that keen on buying alloys unless I mounted each one in turn on a car and spun it to check if bent before handing over money. In my experience pot holes bend the wheels more on the back of the wheel not the front face as the back is not supported by the wheel spokes. Often they can be seen to be bent when spinning them although the edge does not appear damaged on visual static inspection.   think of a plastic mixing bowl in your kitchen cupboard.. if you try to flex it at the top rim it will flex easily. at the base it will not flex easily as the bottom of the bowl braces it.  That is what an alloy wheel is like as regards the front being braced but the back easily deforms. On my mk6.5  15inch alloys three got bent at the back of the wheel but were perfect on the front face

Very much depends what car they're on. IS it a run-around or have a sporty look? Conversely to  those above, I prefer the ones on the right. That said, I think the wheels on the publicity pictures of the new Fiesta ST are absolutely horrible

dsc_5258.jpg

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

Yeah your right there mate, i suppose from a distance they look in pretty good condition so i wouldn't be too bothered about a refurb. After loads of persuading the lad selling them is letting me take them to a local garage to get them all checked over before i pay all the money.

1 hour ago, isetta said:

personally I would not be that keen on buying alloys unless I mounted each one in turn on a car and spun it to check if bent before handing over money. In my experience pot holes bend the wheels more on the back of the wheel not the front face as the back is not supported by the wheel spokes. Often they can be seen to be bent when spinning them although the edge does not appear damaged on visual static inspection.   think of a plastic mixing bowl in your kitchen cupboard.. if you try to flex it at the top rim it will flex easily. at the base it will not flex easily as the bottom of the bowl braces it.  That is what an alloy wheel is like as regards the front being braced but the back easily deforms. On my mk6.5  15inch alloys three got bent at the back of the wheel but were perfect on the front face

Local wheel refurbishment have said they'll check them all for free, they're gonna but them on the wheel balancing machine and then they'll know if the wheel i'm worried about is buckled. the rest all seem decent tbf. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CyprusPluto said:

Very much depends what car they're on. IS it a run-around or have a sporty look? Conversely to  those above, I prefer the ones on the right. That said, I think the wheels on the publicity pictures of the new Fiesta ST are absolutely horrible

dsc_5258.jpg

48 minutes ago, CyprusPluto said:

dsc_5258.jpg

It's a mk6 Zetec climate mate. I've had a mixture of responses about L/R, suppose it's just down to personal taste. I'm not really a fan of the new Fiestas tbh, the back end is really strange to me. Eventually i grew to like the mk7 Fiestas so maybe after a while i'll grow to like the new ones. I agree with you on the ST wheels, they're hideous. cheers.

I totally agree with you but how many sellers selling private or traders will let you do that. Thats the gamble buying used. The only other way is buy from established breakers that thoroughly check on machine before selling .e.g motorhogg in Doncaster & Brighouse do this. As i bought 1 st225 alloy in mint condition.
Yunii

• Like 1

When are you getting them checked? Hope they turn out to be a good set. I'm wary of buying second hand wheels and tyres etc as there are 'hidden' dangers to be aware of. I'd sooner save for longer and buy new, there are decent wheel and tyre packages available that are the same price as buying 4 decent new tyres. I appreciate buying new isn't always an option to everyone though. I think you are doing the right thing getting them checked first as wheels/tyres are what keeps you on the road. Fingers crossed for you [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club