Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about stereo

Brownie84

Is it possible to swap the stereo for the touch screen On my 2015 Ford Focus please  seen them on eBay for £250 any help will be great thanks 

Yes it is possible to change the standard audio system with 3.5 Inch monochrome display or 4.2 Inch full color display for the SYNC 2 or SYNC 3 system with 8 Inch touchscreen.

However the wiring is also different. Next to the complete SYNC 2 or SYNC 3 system you also need the complete dashboard wiring harness or you have to modify the existing wiring harness yourself.

If the car currently has the SYNC 1.1 system the wiring issue can be solved quite easily by using an adapter harness that connects between the SYNC 1.1 APIM connector and the SYNC 2 / SYNC 3 APIM. This adapter harness does not exist so you have to make it yourself.

• Like 1

Is there any difference in (or improvement of) the selection of commands available between sync 1.1 (which is what I think I have) and 2+?  What dash parts are needed to accommodate the touchscreen?

Actually, I think I understand - its the entire centre dash that changes?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ST-OEM-SONY-MICROSOFT-SYNC-TOUCHSCREEN-NAVIGATION-INFOTAINMENT-RADIO-/282252854840?epid=721274553&hash=item41b794c638:g:YEAAAOSwKOJYJkS8

And I assume a change to the CCC has to be made?

Also, have a look at this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Sync-2-/201961770658?hash=item2f05dc0ea2:g:ATkAAOSwyWZZS5i9

Thanks for the reply how much would it cost for someone to do that for me 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club