Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problems retrofitiing Sony stereo with DAB

Soveposen

Hi guys

So I bought this used Sony stereo with DAB to replace the standard boring Ford stereo.

But of course I have run into a couple problems. Which I hoped you guys might help me with.
The car is an Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost from April 2014. The car is born without DAB and SYNC functionality. 

On the pictures I have attached you can see that the standard Ford unit has some sort of advanced USB input. The new Sony unit has a larger "multi-input" of some sort. I tried to connect the unit without the weird USB thing and of course the USB in the car didn't work anymore and the Ford Ecomode is also "grayed" out when browsing through the Sony units menu. 
How do I get back the USB functionality and Ford Ecomode in the menu? Do I need some kind of adapter to solve this?

Second problem can be seen on the third picture. The new and bigger screen is pretty exposed and needs some kind of frame I guess. How do I solve this?

Thanks in advance guys.

DSC_1122-edit.JPG

DSC_1123-edit.JPG

DSC_1124-edit.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

firstly you will need the bluetooth loom and module to get your usb function back plus it will need to be activated 

the later screens have a smaller trim hole so you need a new trim

Thanks Jimbo
I spoke to my Ford mechanic who said that it couldn't be fitted to a car without Sync? So I actually ended up selling the unit, which is really sad as I liked it very much. Especially the how much better it made the original Ford Speakers sound.

Oh yeah I forgot sync wasn't a standard option. I just assumed all facelift cars had it. I don't think there are any Sony units without sync. They tend to fit them to the higher spec models.

5 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Oh yeah I forgot sync wasn't a standard option. I just assumed all facelift cars had it. I don't think there are any Sony units without sync. They tend to fit them to the higher spec models.

there is a sony dab without sync as ive just fitted it to my pre facelift ive posted a guide on here with all the part numbers needed

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club