• Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

UnsounderDuke

Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost Burning Oil Smell

Hello Everyone, wonder if anybody can help me with this.

My dad has bought himself a 2016 Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost, which is running well, apart from one thing. If driven for a very long time / or very quickly a smell of burning oil is noticed when you get out of the car.

He has been back to the dealer, who claims that there is nothing wrong with the car and it "must be the way he's been driving it". Personally I don't believe them. It's happened when I've driven the car (and I'm not the fastest of drivers!).

Dad does have a mechanic friend, who thinks that the problem may be gearbox oil dripping onto the exaust pipework. Mechanic friend has had the car over his pit and has taken a photo of the section of the exaust pipework where the oil was spotted (Photo included in this post).

One thing I have noticed (I am not an expert on engines, please forgive me) is that there is a narrow - bore pipe that runs from the coolant bottle over to the turbo. This pipe was stuck to a larger pipe that I assume has something to do with airflow into the engine. The smaller pipe is no longer stuck to the bigger one. Could this pipe be leaking something onto the exaust?

If anyone can give me any pointers / advice on what could be happening here (and even if there's an easy fix) I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

IMG_1233.JPG