Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12v power outlet not working

Leeffzs

Hello guys, I got my fiesta about 2 months ago and all was going well, recently my girlfriend decided to put my iPhone charger into my power outlet whilst the car was on and I had to pull it quite hard to get it out, I thought maybe it got stuck but the next day the power outlet and my charger weren't working, I've tried looking at the fuse box but there wasn't a fuse in the box, I tried putting one into F22 and nothing still, then I seen the bigger box looking fuse at the bottom of the row with 20A was blew, my friends are saying this isn't the problem but I'm thinking it is, does anyone know where I can get a cheap one or can tell me what the problem is? Cheers. 

It might have been over loaded at some point and blown the fuse. Like when people use adapters and plug 3-4 things in at once and it draws to many amps thus blowing the fuse Change the fuse see how you get on. Failing that check the wires going to it to see if they have melted a little. If they have take a live feed from the switch live on the ignition switch and run that to it with a in-line fuse 20amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One does not simply do cheap fuses, remember they will save your car from burning in flames. I think you may have been looking at the wrong fuse box diagram though. I don't remember the cig lighter being a bigger fuse. Should be one of those mini fuses, 20A off the top of my head. You can get a box of all different types from anywhere that sells car parts for under a tenner.

Cheap fuses = electrical fires, could not agree more with Luke. If you are using cheap fuses then I'd recommend buying an expensive fire extinguisher.

I would replace the 20a fuse and go from there, if it's blown then something somewhere is not working. And seeings as you know the 12V outlet isn't working then odds are it's that fuse at fault.

Before changing the fuse I would suggest you examine your charger for damage. Is the metal tip still on the end of the plug? Quite often the tip can come off and it causes an electrical short so also check inside the socket with a torch for any debris at the bottom. Plugging the charger in with the engine running should not cause any adverse effects so don't blame your girlfriend, unless she is feeling guilty and being extra nice to you [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk