Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Where is this from?!


Patrico777
 Share

Recommended Posts

Comes down from the windscreen onto the scuttle and drips onto the top of the strut, just dry it with tissues and spray with oil periodically or put a light smear of grease on the strut thread/nut and check for water every now & then. If your really parnickety I suppose you could make a bung from silicon sealant, smear a little grease over the cup/strut thread/nut, cover the strut thread/nut in polythene, and cover it in the silicon, once it sets remove the 'bung' & polythene and replace the 'bung in the hole. Problem solved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Comes down from the windscreen onto the scuttle and drips onto the top of the strut, just dry it with tissues and spray with oil periodically or put a light smear of grease on the strut thread/nut and check for water every now & then. If your really parnickety I suppose you could make a bung from silicon sealant, smear a little grease over the cup/strut thread/nut, cover the strut thread/nut in polythene, and cover it in the silicon, once it sets remove the 'bung' & polythene and replace the 'bung in the hole. Problem solved.

U meam put grease on nut ? What will it do ? And then if I want I can put silicone in the hole ? How come it comes from windscreen i dont get how it can go there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

U meam put grease on nut ? What will it do

Stops it from going rusty same as the silicone idea wont stop the water running down though. Wax oil may work too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Gizza11 said:

Stops it from going rusty same as the silicone idea wont stop the water running down though. Wax oil may work too

I will try and use silicone then, fill the hole how does the water get there I dont get it guys lool 😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Unfortunately I don't have you model of car I was just explaining it stops the rust, water will get into  many places just cos' it can ( silly answer but true)Like my Focus gets in through the bonnet vents but that's my fault for fitting them in the first place. Some one on here may know a fix if there is one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

U meam put grease on nut ? What will it do ? And then if I want I can put silicone in the hole ? How come it comes from windscreen i dont get how it can go there

Open your bonnet, let water run down the drivers side of your windscreen and watch where it goes! I had a mk6 fiesta for 8 years and my son had a mk6 facelift, both did the same as yours!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Open your bonnet, let water run down the drivers side of your windscreen and watch where it goes! I had a mk6 fiesta for 8 years and my son had a mk6 facelift, both did the same as yours!

What was your fix filling up the hole with silicone ? Only left side does it

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Patrico777 said:

What was your fix filling up the hole with silicone ? Only left side does it

I explained the fix in my original post (I used to dry the recess and sprayed WD40 over it) and yes it ONLY happened on one side!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Russ said:

I explained the fix in my original post (I used to dry the recess and sprayed WD40 over it) and yes it ONLY happened on one side!

I try and fill up the hole tomorrow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jbell said:

If you're really bothered about it you can buy covers for the strut tops which should just slot in place. Saw them about on eBay a while back. 

Link???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Link???

eBay.co.uk. Can't remember exactly what to search, but you know what you're looking for :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership