Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The newer 1.6 TDCi 's

Albert27

Hi guys.

I know the 2008 ish era 1.6 tdci's have had turbo issues and dpf problems but is it still happening on the newer engines?  I'm considering a transit connect for work and they all seem to be 1.6 tdci's.  Looking at 2015 models onwards so any advice would be great.  Are they still problem engines?

i believe the turbo problems were mainly the 16valve twincam 1.6tdci.  2015 would be the newer 8 valve single cam I reckon . Think they changed about 2011. The 8 valve single cam is reckoned to be OK. Not sure about dpf. I know early ones had a tank of special fluid which needed replenishing now and then.  2015 would not have that fluid tank but I don't know if that has made them less of a problem from clogging up.

• Like 1

connect 2015 with 1.6 tdci will be the 8valve and will be ok. where you looking at buying from?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iantt said:

connect 2015 with 1.6 tdci will be the 8valve and will be ok. where you looking at buying from?

Early days at the moment, just looking around at prices.  Would consider buying from anywhere so long as it's a reputable garage.  There were some on eBay for 10k + vat at independents and then i spotted one at a Ford main dealer for 8k.  Any recommendations?

i had to prep around 20 not long ago for a well known dealer group. but they were 16 plate and i see they are around 10k +vat on there website. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club