Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Instrument panel remains lit when power off

Zach Breeze

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with my instrument panel on my 2012 Fiesta, I'd love to know if anyone has gone through a similar experience.

A couple of days ago I was attempting to inflate my tyre but my 12v socket wasn't working so I opened up the fuse panel (glovebox) and took out a 20amp fuse which i thought was for the 12v socket but realised it was the incorrect fuse ( I looked at the wrong fuse diagram) so I put the fuse back and closed the fuse box panel and turned the ignition on,  I realised that the radio clock had reset itself but thought nothing of it, I then turned the ignition off and noticed the radio was still playing. It now only turns off when I manually turn it off which wasn't the case before. Also, my instrument panel now remains lit even when the door is locked from the outside (ignition off) which I'm afraid will drain my battery

I've read a few similar cases with other ford models and have temporarily sorted the issue by taking out and re-inserting the fuse for the instrument panel (7.5amps) but this is a short-term fix - any ideas on what could be wrong?