Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clutch sensor

bbb

hi can anyone tell me if my 2008 focus 1.8 tdci has a clutch sensor switch i have been having rev problems  and was reading a post on here and the guy had the exact same problem which he cured by replacing the clutch sensor switch but his car was a 1.6 diesel but i dont know if mine has one????

Yes you will have one.

Cruise control won't work properly if it's faulty though.

In that case you'll have to manually test the switch then.  Or just swap it for another if cheap enough.

ive had rev problems when driving thought maybe clutch was going but it not all the time .and my cruise controll doesnt work .could it be the switch then is the switch on th clutch pedal ?

12 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

ive had rev problems when driving thought maybe clutch was going but it not all the time .and my cruise controll doesnt work .could it be the switch then is the switch on th clutch pedal ?

Could be yeah.  The cruise can only be used while the clutch is engaged so it uses the pedal switch to determine that.  The PCM uses the switch to 'rev match' with the clutch down to give you a smoother gear change.  

Don't think the switches are particularly expensive so could be worth a try.  Also check your brake lights work as a faulty brake pedal switch is a common culprit for stopping cruise control.

I think there might even be a live data stream on FORScan for the clutch switch so you could test it like that.  It's just a simple on or off switch.

51 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Could be yeah.  The cruise can only be used while the clutch is engaged so it uses the pedal switch to determine that.  The PCM uses the switch to 'rev match' with the clutch down to give you a smoother gear change.  

Don't think the switches are particularly expensive so could be worth a try.  Also check your brake lights work as a faulty brake pedal switch is a common culprit for stopping cruise control.

I think there might even be a live data stream on FORScan for the clutch switch so you could test it like that.  It's just a simple on or off switch.

brake lights work ok .just now and again the revs build when excelerating but not always .will be looking into this cheers .

Ah yeah I remember your thread on it now.  RPM vs MPH is mechanically constant and set by the gearbox.  If the revs are rising without the speed it can only be clutch slip I'm afraid, nothing electrical. 

Clutch sensor could still be causing your cruise control fault though.  Was it you that replaced the clocks in your Focus btw?  There is a check box on the HEC (cluster) for cruise control, just wondered if you might not have ticked it on the new clocks.

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah yeah I remember your thread on it now.  RPM vs MPH is mechanically constant and set by the gearbox.  If the revs are rising without the speed it can only be clutch slip I'm afraid, nothing electrical. 

Clutch sensor could still be causing your cruise control fault though.  Was it you that replaced the clocks in your Focus btw?  There is a check box on the HEC (cluster) for cruise control, just wondered if you might not have ticked it on the new clocks.

yeah ive ticked the box .had problems with it couple of years ago and i changed the throttle switch or brake switch cant remember what one it was and it cured it for a while then stopped again

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club