Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil changes

madman

Afternoon to all

I have a ti vct focus mk2 and whats the guidelines on oil changes.

Think these cars like clean oil regurly because of the ti vct unit.

How many miles or how often?.

Do they need a engine oil cleaner and how often?.

Thank you

Personally, I change oil n filter on my mk2.5 2.0 twice a year regardless of milage, think ford say every 10-12k or once a yr but if you do lots of short journeys then more regular changes can help keep your engine in good condition.. 

As for engine flush, again personally I don't use one, just make sure engine is nice and warm when oil is drained and car is level so you can get as much of the old out as possible.. would it hurt to use a flush, no, but again ppl on here might have different opinion. 

I too change my oil every 6 months regardless of mileage, on both the diesel Mk2 Focus and petrol mk1 Focus . 

Due to to my very low mileage it's works out as an oil change per 750-1000 miles, or an oil change for every tankful of fuel:laugh:

I don't use a flush product but I do ensure the engine is at operating temperature before I remove the drain plug and then keep it  off until I've finished the rest of the service, which could be all afternoon.

On 10/10/2017 at 4:21 PM, GMX said:

I too change my oil every 6 months regardless of mileage, on both the diesel Mk2 Focus and petrol mk1 Focus . 

Due to to my very low mileage it's works out as an oil change per 750-1000 miles, or an oil change for every tankful of fuel:laugh:

I don't use a flush product but I do ensure the engine is at operating temperature before I remove the drain plug and then keep it  off until I've finished the rest of the service, which could be all afternoon.

why do you drive a diesel engined car if you hardly do any miles

Jamie

I prefer diesels for the torque and when you come to a long  hill they just keep going where a petrol car gets slower   and slower    and slower.

If it does not have a dpf then no reason they should not have a diesel.

I admit I do not actually know if it has a dpf 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, isetta said:

I prefer diesels for the torque and when you come to a long  hill they just keep going where a petrol car gets slower   and slower    and slower.

If it does not have a dpf then no reason they should not have a diesel.

I admit I do not actually know if it has a dpf 

is it your fiesta that you are unsure has a dpf. if its the one in your title, then yes it will have a dpf

Jamie

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club