Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cooling system help

Petno

H,

I own a Focus 2005, had an issue with the radiator, was leaking... i replaced for a new one, installed him...

now, when the engine is running and the temperature is showing 90 degrees, i don't see the fans are working... why?

the fans are working when i turn the AC, so they are connected right...

I was running the car at 90-100 KPH for 15 min, and all the way the temperature is still 90 degrees, like everything is alright...

so when the fans should work?

really worried about the fans... if they not working, how the water is cooling? and the temperature is not going higher?

Thanks

Cooling radiator  fans on most modern cars do not run all the time .The cooling is done mostly by the ram air effect of air through the grill through the radiator to cool as you drive normaly around .The fans will only come on mostly in heavy traffic and when standind still in stationary traffic.The  A/C Fan/s will come on faily straight away when the air con comes on and this is normal and will stop a short after when switched off.I would expect that running at around 90 deg is about right give or take abit you would need to check for sure on the OEM data but it wont be far off that.As you say you ran the ar for 90 -100 kph for 15 mins and the temp is still the same so i would say that everything i is o.k/ normal and nothing to worry about I would think you need to sit in some heavy traffic for a wile to see the fans come on.

• Like 1

we do not know if it is petrol or diesel. diesels generally run cooler as they are more efficient and do not waste so much energy in creating waste heat

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gizza11 said:

Cooling radiator  fans on most modern cars do not run all the time .The cooling is done mostly by the ram air effect of air through the grill through the radiator to cool as you drive normaly around .The fans will only come on mostly in heavy traffic and when standind still in stationary traffic.The  A/C Fan/s will come on faily straight away when the air con comes on and this is normal and will stop a short after when switched off.I would expect that running at around 90 deg is about right give or take abit you would need to check for sure on the OEM data but it wont be far off that.As you say you ran the ar for 90 -100 kph for 15 mins and the temp is still the same so i would say that everything i is o.k/ normal and nothing to worry about I would think you need to sit in some heavy traffic for a wile to see the fans come on.

Thank u! after 20 min standing on a running engine the fans were working :) so now i can sleep good!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club