Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Focus Front Break discs Size

sonic113

Hey to all

Im looking to renew the front brake discs in my focus mk2 2009 1.6 zetec. what id the diameter size and whats the best budget price discs to get?

any suggestion are welcomed

Thanks

sonic:smile:

I'm not sure size as i cant remember but dont buy cheap as they will warp or unevenly wear & also unevenly wear pads which will give you juddering.

Buy say mintex or ebc or geniune ones.

I bought black Diamond drilled & grooved ones. & Black Diamond predator pads. Not cheap but look & perform awesome.

Yunii

• Like 1

On the 1.6 Duratec Petrol engines and 1.6 TDCI Diesel engines the front brake discs are 278 mm.

• Like 1

I always use and recommend Pagid pads and discs for road cars.  Avoid Eicher as they seem to warp as soon as they're fitted lol.

• Like 1

I've used Mintex, OEM standard i believe and at £50 for a set of discs and pads, great value.  

• Like 1

Brembo disc and pads on my 2010 2.0. think I paid £100 approx from eurocarparts Inc discount.. they r very good. 

I agree avoid cheap parts, 

1.4, 1.6 & 1.8 are 278mm

2.0 is 300mm

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Albert27 said:

I've used Mintex, OEM standard i believe and at £50 for a set of discs and pads, great value.  

any links to these Albert27?

Thanks to all who replied yes it seems that they are 278m I had commline discs fitted with alliped nippon pads last year but this warped on me and so that's why I'm changing them out. Got them from Local motor factors and they are selling same ones when I checked yesterday so im gonna try different ones just to see. 

Just came across these and think they should fit ok? Price seems decent enough.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MINTEX-FRONT-BRAKE-DISCS-AND-PAD-SET-BRAKE-BOX-MDK0239-/362022839529?fits=Model%3AFocus|Cars+Year%3A2009&epid=1505580415&hash=item544a3e24e9:g:4woAAOSw2zZZh37z#shpCntId

Might try these mintex out and see how they go.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sonic113 said:

Just came across these and think they should fit ok? Price seems decent enough.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MINTEX-FRONT-BRAKE-DISCS-AND-PAD-SET-BRAKE-BOX-MDK0239-/362022839529?fits=Model%3AFocus|Cars+Year%3A2009&epid=1505580415&hash=item544a3e24e9:g:4woAAOSw2zZZh37z#shpCntId

Might try these mintex out and see how they go.

They look like the ones.  They've gone up £2 since i got them in feb lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Albert27 said:

They look like the ones.  They've gone up £2 since i got them in feb lol

Albert, how you getting on with them?

I bought a set of discs and pads from Euro Car Parts last year, the Eicher brand  and their absolute poo, they warped after a couple of weeks, im also looking for a decent replacement as the op 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wilto said:

I bought a set of discs and pads from Euro Car Parts last year, the Eicher brand  and their absolute poo, they warped after a couple of weeks, im also looking for a decent replacement as the op 

I've got Brembo discs currently and they've been spot on, quite a few people on here have used Mintex with success, it seems that they are probably the best option if you're looking for maximum "bang for your buck".

• Like 2

Just an update here, They arrived today and I fitted them this evening. All seems well and braking is perfect. I will update later on in time if they warp ect but so far so good. Really good value.

Thanks David for the recommendation.

:yahoo:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wilto said:

Very well mate.  I put rear discs and pads on around March and front discs & pads in May ready for MOT.  I fitted them to my Dad's motor as well and all is fine.  I do get a bit of squeaking but it's never bothered me & tbh might have nothing to do with Mintex and more to do with where i greased or forgot to :biggrin:

SOLD, that's my next set of discs and pads sorted, thanks guys 👍

• Like 1

im process of upgrading the size of my front brakes with 300mm discs from a 2.0, I noticed that the size of discs required were stamped on the shoulder of the calliper. so if you have 278 then you need 278mm discs and 300 then you need 300mm discs. ive found you cant always rely on make model and engine size !