Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Indicator Bulbs

ToXIcG

So I am wanting to replace my indicator bulbs with chrome ones and I have a few questions to ask.

Firstly, are chrome indicator bulbs road legal as long as they are still amber when lit?

Secondly, do the front and back indicators use the same bulbs on the MK7 Fiesta?

and lastly, what do people think of the Osram Diadem Chrome bulbs?

I was going to buy 2 sets for front and back and a set for the side indicators, which comes to less than £24, which I think is pretty good.

I don't think Chrome bulbs are a problem. I had them on my Peugeot 107 as the front indicators. From the bulbs list it looks like the mk7 has the same indicator bulb fitting as the mk6 which is 581 bayonet. Haven't tried the osram bulbs but I do recommend the premium autobeam indicators which are bright and don't require resistors. 

_20171003_173406.JPG

33 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I don't think Chrome bulbs are a problem. I had them on my Peugeot 107 as the front indicators. From the bulbs list it looks like the mk7 has the same indicator bulb fitting as the mk6 which is 581 bayonet. Haven't tried the osram bulbs but I do recommend the premium autobeam indicators which are bright and don't require resistors. 

_20171003_173406.JPG

Yeah I decided to buy the chrome autobeam indicator bulbs as they were better value than the Philips.

14 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Did you get halogen or LED? 

Halogen

• Like 1

Oh okay, yes you wouldn't have a problem with them. Like I said I had them on my Peugeot 107 which I think was standard. I just upgrade to led due to how instant they come on and their brightness. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the bulbs need to be E marked to be legal as autobeam chrome indicator bulbs are not?

Honestly if they flash amber and work like the standard halogen bulbs then I don't think you should worry. 

Hi i have changed all mine back front and mirrors. all silver and all flash orange ad them in my Scooby for 5 years no problem with plod and ok  in MOT.

mine is a 2014 st3 the pins on the bulbs are off set pins

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club