Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2010 1.6 TDCI Oil Change Interval

Focus Newbie

Hi guys,

As in the title, I have a 2010 1.6 TDCI Focus Zetec. I am aware of the turbo failure issues on TDCI engines (not 100% sure if the issue is present in the ‘facelift’ MK 2.5 model - conflicting information online) and I’ve read that regular oil changes can help. Can anyone please advise on oil change interval - mine has done about 6K since the last interim service - which was about 7 months ago - time for a full service? Thank you in advance 

I do mine at 6k miles on a facelift 1.6tdci so yes I would recommend you do an oil and filter change now.  Full service probably isn't necessary yet though, the fuel filters are expensive to change just for the sake of it.  

The turbo issues are not as frequent on the facelift but do still occur.

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I do mine at 6k miles on a facelift 1.6tdci so yes I would recommend you do an oil and filter change now.  Full service probably isn't necessary yet though, the fuel filters are expensive to change just for the sake of it.  

The turbo issues are not as frequent on the facelift but do still occur.

Hi Tom, thank you for the reply. I've booked it in for a week Saturday for oil and filter change at my local Ford dealer, I've done about 6,200 since the last one, however they said according to the service schedule it doesn't need to be done until 12,500 mile interval (which seems long...). Thanks again!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club