Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 headlight bulb ??

carpetman1967

Hi guys , i have an issue with the headlight bulb not seating correctly. a garage has told me I need a new complete headlight , as the bulb cannot be seated correctly

in the headlight . The bulb is sort of facing upwards and not directly forward . Am I being fobbed off , as for the life of me I cant seem to figure it out at all .

3 minutes ago, carpetman1967 said:

Hi guys , i have an issue with the headlight bulb not seating correctly. a garage has told me I need a new complete headlight , as the bulb cannot be seated correctly

in the headlight . The bulb is sort of facing upwards and not directly forward . Am I being fobbed off , as for the life of me I cant seem to figure it out at all .

Not sure mate, the more knowledgeable folk will no doubt be along shortly to advise.

What I would say is that if it turns out you need a replacement headlight unit, you can pick up used ones on eBay for £20-£30 quid, hopefully it can be fixed but if not, at least it won't cost a lot to replace if needed.

I'll lay bets that they're talking total ballcocks.
They're trying to put a bulb in upside down most likely.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think Clive is right the bulbs can be a bit tricky to install if you remove the rear headlight unit completely it's a lot easier to install 

• Like 1

not sure if they are saying this because a piece of the mount has been broken off or something like that. if the headlight is removed from the car for a proper examination it might be that it just needs something glueing maybe. hard to say without seeing it but a new headlight sounds a bit drastic

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club