Sign in to follow this  
Taxidon1234

dash binnacle

Hi I have a ford focus 57 pate 1.6 automatic.I have a problem with the dash it comes up engine system fault   reduced acceleration   transmission malfunction .now all the dash lights come on and the rev and speedometer   go up and down then die  It has started to occasionally to not change gear smoothly.I have been told that the solder on the back of the binnacle might need re soldering is this correct?  

On 12/27/2017 at 10:01 AM, Taxidon1234 said:

Hi I have a ford focus 57 pate 1.6 automatic.I have a problem with the dash it comes up engine system fault   reduced acceleration   transmission malfunction .now all the dash lights come on and the rev and speedometer   go up and down then die  It has started to occasionally to not change gear smoothly.I have been told that the solder on the back of the binnacle might need re soldering is this correct?  

UPDATE took the cluster off and 1 of the solder joints had tiny hair crack in it so re soldered it and seems to have sorted all the problems

1 hour ago, Taxidon1234 said:

UPDATE took the cluster off and 1 of the solder joints had tiny hair crack in it so re soldered it and seems to have sorted all the problems

Nice job, it's nice when a fix to a problem is a nice cheap one!