Sign in to follow this  
mrmetallica

ECOCUT-windshield-wiper-Windscreen-Wiper-Blades-Cutter

I actually bought one for a laugh a couple of years ago. Tried it a few times, never seemed to produce a reliable cut on the rubber. The wipers would clear the screen better than when 'worn' but still a few streaky marks left behind.

Still in my glovebox along with the instructions and sponge lol.

1 minute ago, stef123 said:

I actually bought one for a laugh a couple of years ago. Tried it a few times, never seemed to produce a reliable cut on the rubber. The wipers would clear the screen better than when 'worn' but still a few streaky marks left behind.

Still in my glovebox along with the instructions and sponge lol.

so not worth buying one then ?

7 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

so not worth buying one then ?

Unless I was using it wrong, it's a no from me lol.

My wiper rubbers always seem to have a different mode of failure.

They develop a lean/bend to one side. This gives a judder as they move across the screen. The noise is annoying and the wipe is only good in one direction.

This device only seems to trim a little from the wiping edge and while this might give a cleaner wipe it does nothing for the juddering wipe problem that always pushes me to change the blade.

ScaniaPBman.

seeing as new wipers can be bought from around a fiver a piece , this gadget looks like a solution to a problem that doesnt exist lol

never tried one but I can't see how it is going to be a dead straight enough cut as there is no hard surface line as such to guide it along straight. the rubber blade will flex as you move along it.

I usually get wilko blades. They are £2.50 each for old style and £4.50 each for the newer style.  There have always seemed fine to me.  perhaps they would not last as long as more expensive ones. but price / length of service ratio must be pretty good I reckon