Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USB/Bluetooth

lee2310

Hi there,

I've recently bought a 2011 focus mk3 a few months back and have been having a couple issues. The bluetooth has been fine for playing music with my iPhone 7 but since upgrading to the 7 + i seem to get crackly noises throughout songs. I used to disconnect and reconnect my old phone and it would be crystal clear again but since the upgrade it seems to come back. I tried to use the USB port in the glove box however once i get it on to the correct function on the stereo it continues to play through the phone rather then the car. Is there something i am missing or will an iPhone not play through the usb port and only AUX?

I do apologise if there is already a thread on this but I have only just signed up so apologies in advance.

USB is a data connection and no audio connection. 

When connecting a phone to the radio by using the USB conection the phone must be configured as a mass storage device. Now the audio files that are stored on the phones internal and external memory can be played from the Ford audio system (as long as the audio file format is suported). 

• Like 1

Thanks for your help. So is there a way of me setting that up or would I be better off using the AUX port until I can fix the crackly bluetooth audio output. 

On 10/01/2018 at 4:41 PM, JW1982 said:

USB is a data connection and no audio connection. 

When connecting a phone to the radio by using the USB conection the phone must be configured as a mass storage device. Now the audio files that are stored on the phones internal and external memory can be played from the Ford audio system (as long as the audio file format is suported). 

Unfortunately unlike an Android or Windows mobile I don't think a crapple iPhone supports the universal standard of "mass storage device", I suspect the op will either have to put up with the dodgy bluetooth connection or go old school "3.5mm aux" cable.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club