Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Honda Accord type-s or Mondeo ST220

ford focus edge

Hi all, my dads had his trusty honda for 4yrs now and hes undecided on weather to trade it in against a 56plate st220. When he went to buy the honda he did look at the mondeo but he fancied a change and ended up with the honda. Its the 2.4 v-tech type-s saloon.

The main reasons for poss trading the honda in is that the mondeo is easier to drive, faster, comfier and all round more practial, the running costs arent to much of an issue and the insurance is dirt cheap (50+ and no points) but overall do you think itd be worth the trade? i no this is a mondey forum so chances are youl be thinking what i am (sack the honda in asap n get the ford) but its for my dad and hes undecided on the matter.

I think the biggest no no is the fact the mondeo is 9000 where as the honda value is approx 5250-5500 and hes very tight walleted lol. The key question is "is the mondeo worth the expense".

Any replies are welcomed

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

ST220 every time

if im honest the honda is a far better engine and bullet proof reliable hondas are gretat cars if ford could make engines like that then they would be onto a winner the hondas also very easy to tune big

Hes had the honda about 4yrs now and i think hes bored to death of it and hates the fact you have to rag it to death to get anything out of it and its dead twitchy on the handling and seems to dance around rather then thunder like his old mondeo's used to.

My mum wont drive the honda aswell and her mondeo is starting to fall apart due to lack of use so i think what they were going to do was trade both cars in and get the st220 and steal my car when they really needed a 2nd car for my mum to go shopping in etc. Its just a case of finding a mint st220 in performance blue, hatchback, nearly no miles on and not down the other end of the country also it MUST be a facelift with the 6speed gearbox etc seems to be like trying to find hen's teeth

Mike

shamed to admit it japenese cars are much more reliable!

shamed to admit it japenese cars are much more reliable!

Say that to the bosses of toyota :lol:

Mike

still attached to fords mind. had quite a few over the last 23 years

still attached to fords mind. had quite a few over the last 23 years

all i can say is hyundai accent 113k no work needed nissan almera 210k no major work needed except a faulty engine fan relay honda aerodeck 167k no major engine faults there either like all cars theres bad ones the !Removed! are no different i think toyotas a sign of the times really where they have got complacent checjk the reliability index the top 5 are always jap saying that if youre bored youre bored all i can say is ive seen a fair few mondeos on the back of tow trucks so im not sure if theres a fault there or what quite a few 3 to be exact but its the only 3 ive seen

all i can say is hyundai accent 113k no work needed nissan almera 210k no major work needed except a faulty engine fan relay honda aerodeck 167k no major engine faults there either like all cars theres bad ones the !Removed! are no different i think toyotas a sign of the times really where they have got complacent checjk the reliability index the top 5 are always jap saying that if youre bored youre bored all i can say is ive seen a fair few mondeos on the back of tow trucks so im not sure if theres a fault there or what quite a few 3 to be exact but its the only 3 ive seen

All cars have faults like mine currently is starting to go thru the famous ford rust session :blink: and to top it of it keeps on snowing brilliant! The honda has never ever ever ever ever ever failed once and its had a hard life my dads a race marshall at oulton park race track and hes good friends with the manadgers etc so he gets sneaky laps for free to stretch its legs muahah. From what i know and have seen mondey's usually fail on clutches.

Mike

Honda's going soon uncle bought it. Now st220 hunting time :blink: this might take a while me thinkies

Mike

Honda's going soon uncle bought it. Now st220 hunting time blink.gif this might take a while me thinkies

Mike

if hes going to buy its worth paying a few quid and have it inspected theres a few that can look mint but have been trashed hard 40 quid is worth paying when it saves you a good few hundred on repairs you just didnt spot weve all been there the excitement takes over and we find ourself not checking all the things we should ide defo get an rac check so you know its good and if the owner refuses walk away always a good sign when they dont want an inspection or get cagey

if hes going to buy its worth paying a few quid and have it inspected theres a few that can look mint but have been trashed hard 40 quid is worth paying when it saves you a good few hundred on repairs you just didnt spot weve all been there the excitement takes over and we find ourself not checking all the things we should ide defo get an rac check so you know its good and if the owner refuses walk away always a good sign when they dont want an inspection or get cagey

And i quote "mike if its not in a dealer's i dont want it" lol hes a bit paranoid about alot of things so i think hed pay extra for one in a dealer's and i also quote "its gota be blue" the rarest colour it took me months to find him a red honda sometimes i hate that man!

Mike

RIP Honda

post-9491-126738190578_thumb.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club