Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2011 1.6tdci EGR valve and where to spray

BoroEagle

My 2011 plate focus had engine warning  light on and diagnostics have revealed an issue with my EGR valve. Before lumping out £350 odd I wanted to try the Wynns spray but not sure where it needs to be applied. Any help ie pics of the pipes to remove to apply would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you have a MK2.5 as MK3 don't genrally have problems with the EGR and if it does just replace it, Assuming it's the MK2.5 take out air filter and spray inside where the air filter connects to the pipe

Could well be the 2.5.... Would the air filter you mention be the box to the right of the engine compartment to front of the battery?  I guess simply spray the Wynns cleaner in here with engine idling?

3 minutes ago, BoroEagle said:

Could well be the 2.5.... Would the air filter you mention be the box to the right of the engine compartment to front of the battery?  I guess simply spray the Wynns cleaner in here with engine idling?

Yes that'll be it, follow the instructions on the can, I think you do a few sprays with engine idle and some with around 1500-2000RPM, the engine will sound like it's ready for cutting out during the spray but it's normal and nothing to worry about  

Thanks for that, got to be worth £10 to see if it helps before replacing the valve.... Car has only done 95,000

9 minutes ago, BoroEagle said:

Thanks for that, got to be worth £10 to see if it helps before replacing the valve.... Car has only done 95,000

I used it on my dads 1.8 TDCi and it didn't make any difference sadly, took it off and cleaned it by hand instead worked a treat

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club