Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USB on new Fiesta

Turbo weasel

Hi

I have a new shape Fiesta with bluetooth and Aux. I did not ask for the USB option when I ordered the car.

I am now considering buying an Ipod, which I would like to use in the car. I believe that I can play from the Ipod through the Aux socket, but will not be able to get the track list on the cars display. Am I right in thinking that I would need the USB to get the tack listing?

Is it possible to add the USB to the fitted audio?

Any help appreciated.

1. You can use the iPod through the aux port but the only remote control you can use is the volume, all track changes etc are done via the iPod.

2. It will be displayed as LINE IN and nothing else i.e iPod etc

3. Yes you need usb to get more functionality

4. Possibly BUT as they are only factory fit options at the moment we will have to either investigate it ourselves via dismantling the panels to see if the wiring loom is installed already. Only problem is no parts are yet on sale and we await Ford to release it as an upgrade option / purchasable parts.

A friend of mine has the USB option and I only have the standard bluetooth without USB. We have taken apart the trim panels on both our cars in this location and unfortunatly I can confirm that the wiring loom is diffrent as the connection for USB are not any where to be seen on mine. I guess Ford have built them very much to order and are doing all the can to save a few pence on the wiring looms.

A friend of mine has the USB option and I only have the standard bluetooth without USB. We have taken apart the trim panels on both our cars in this location and unfortunatly I can confirm that the wiring loom is diffrent as the connection for USB are not any where to be seen on mine. I guess Ford have built them very much to order and are doing all the can to save a few pence on the wiring looms.

Thanks for the useful reply. I guess I will have to make do with what I have.

• 4 years later...

How difficult a job is it to remove the trim, I have just bought a 2013 1.5 TDCi Zetec and the USB port is damaged, and was wondering about removing trim so I can get to the socket and cable to try and replace or repair