Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Not Working? Or Am I Expecting Too Much?

laumk7

This morning was a cold morning so my windscreen, all windows and wing mirrors were all steamed up, so I drop my side windows to clear them, wipe the windscreen with wipers and pop on heated windscreen to clear rest of windscreen and mirrors.

Problem is, my windscreen cleared but my mirrors remained just as steamed up as before (looked foggy), so I touch the switch again -still nothing, it was like driving with no mirrors tbh. Good job traffic was stop start.

I've booked in at my local dealership tomorrow, but I wondered if I was expecting too much?

Did you activate the heated rear screen as well ?

I could be wrong I'm sure the heated mirrors are linked to the heated rear screen ?

There's always the olde - fashioned emergency method of wiping the mirrors with a cloth ! :)

• Like 3

I didn't activate the rear as well if I'm honest, if they're still foggy when I go out again shortly I'll try again then

As for the old fashioned remedy can I use the extremely lame / poor excuse of I didn't have a rag / didn't want to get my sleeve wet? :p

A/C or climate on full tilt set to hot & directed at the windscreen also helps the heated front screen do it's job

• Like 1

No Laurie, that excuse is invalid, as rear vision is essential for your safety ! :P :P

• Like 1

Breathe on the mirrors to steam them up & activate the heated rear screen and see what happens :)

• Like 2

My heated mirrors work when the engine is running & the heated REAR screen is activated & i'm sure your Fiesta will be the same

• Like 2

I could be wrong I'm sure the heated mirrors are linked to the heated rear screen ?

Yes that's right. You'd think it would make more sense to have them linked to the front screen, but I think they set it up like this because lots of cars will have heated mirrors but not a heated windscreen, whereas they will all have the heated rear screen.

• Like 1

Even a humble MK7.5 Fiesta Zetec now has heated F & R screens & mirrors

Probably linked due to rear vision safety, as a clear rear screen & rear facing mirrors are safety issues

• Like 2

Ain't got nothing as fancy as that on the Nissan! Got to get the old cloth out when they get misty.

• Like 1

Ain't got nothing as fancy as that on the Nissan! Got to get the old cloth out when they get misty.

Same here, I keep a cloth in the boot for just that reason instead of putting the windows down and back up again. But pretty soon that will need replacing with de-icer and a scraper.

No de icer that can refreeze if it's cold enough I use a silicon edged scraper gets rid of all the ice no problem. If needed you can use a credit card instead

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I tested these the other day ran both front and rear heated screens and put my hand our the mirror to test when / if it became warm and surely it did

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club