• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 kernow ka

kernow ka

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Ford Model: streetka
Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:48 PM

so far the mondeo is going well but with only 26000 miles and two year old time will tell,one minor problem is the lacqur departing from the front wheels and ford wont replace because they are classed as trim,currantley an investigation going on but i dont hold my breath.the good point is the gearbox sixth gear is perfect for the motorway blasts and plenty of torque to make it work

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 kernow ka

kernow ka

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

Had the car checked at the local main dealer today.

They reckon its the lambda sensor - but they say thats around 100 plus 2 hours labour!! so I won't be going there!!

I don't know the full story 'cos my wife took the car in, they seemed to think the PAS fluid was OK but my mate who works for Ford in Portsmouth said it sounds like water contamination and he would get it changed - all the more reason not to go back to the local main dealer.

Still find it a strange coincidence that the sensor failed after I cleaned under the bonnet - that will teach me!

#18 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:22 AM

i don't see how cleaning with a damp cloth could throw a lambada sensor as its attached to the exhaust but if it is the problem try here for prices and is a diy job
http://www.gendan.co.uk/index.php
with the pas fluid the only way to check is with a boil test if this comes back ok i would not worry to much

#19 kernow ka

kernow ka

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

It was the lambda sensor, my local garage has all the diagnostics equipment and confirmed it.
Fitted in 10mins and reset the light, all going well now.

I checked the wires in the door grommet to see if I could find the problem with the C/L not working on the drivers side.
Two wires appear to have been cut rather than damaged, also the alarm control box located in the kick panel is loose this makes me think that there has ben an issue in the past with either the alarm or C/L - anyone else had C/L problems???

Apart from these issues the car is great!!!!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users