• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 mat4366

mat4366

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: FIESTA 1.6D TITANIUM

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hi all just registered as a new user and can't beleive all the comments about alloy wheel issues we have a 59 TIT..took it to garage yesterday due to vibration and been told both front wheels are buckled!!....what on earth is going on??..Are Ford helping in any way and does anyone know where's the best place to get new ones??....I have already contacted my local council and submitted my complaint,photo's have been taken of the offending holes.....Many thanks...Mat

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Reading Fan

Reading Fan

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

This is just another of Fords cop outs !
They wont admit to it being a known fault the same as all the poor people who have had the ecu or eac failure and the ABS module failure.
Dont know why it seems to be mainly a fiesta thing.
I had the ABS module failure at 34000 miles and they didnt want to know, quoted me 1000 to repair so i promptly traded it for a Mondeo !

#18 BinkH

BinkH

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:14 AM

Looking at the list of complaints about recent Fiesta model alloys there is clearly a problem. My wife damaged an alloy going over a pot hole last Autumn that I regularly had to transit in my Jaguar or elderly MGB without any mishap and has just been told that the other 3 wheels are now so distorted that they cannot be balanced and will have to be replaced. Given her relatively low annual mileage (about 6000 a year) I find this amazing. Is Ford doing anything about this problem?

#19 BinkH

BinkH

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hi all just registered as a new user and can't beleive all the comments about alloy wheel issues we have a 59 TIT..took it to garage yesterday due to vibration and been told both front wheels are buckled!!....what on earth is going on??..Are Ford helping in any way and does anyone know where's the best place to get new ones??....I have already contacted my local council and submitted my complaint,photo's have been taken of the offending holes.....Many thanks...Mat

#20 BinkH

BinkH

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 11:18 AM

Mat, just posted a similar comment about my wife's low mileage 2009 Fiesta. Went in for a service to be told 3 out of the 4 whelles are too distorted to balance. The fourth was replaced last November after a meeting with a relatively minor pot hole!

#21 bneeco

bneeco

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Zetec s TDCI

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

was reading general news in my area and this came up,

http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-kent-12446831

did make me chuckle! i dont think the potholes are getting worse it could be the alloys are being made with cheaper materials therefor being weaker?

#22 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

Ford told me they were designed to buckle...so I asked if in their design they had a fund to replace all the 'desgined' buckles?!

He wasnt impressed. Neither was I...180quid inc vat.

I been running older tougher 16inch ford rims with 205/50s rather than 195/45s was better but still have two small buckles in front rims.

Sucks.

I did try and get my 16inch repaird....i posted a pic here at somepoint...but when trying to bend it out the company cracked the wheel..not so good.

Is it me...or is this a modern thing...I never rememeber older cars/alloys bend the rims all the time!? :huh:

#23 bryfly

bryfly

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium 2009

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

[quote did make me chuckle! i dont think the potholes are getting worse it could be the alloys are being made with cheaper materials therefor being weaker? [/quote]

Totally agree, cannot believe watchdog dropped this investigation.!!!!!

#24 silverback

silverback

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta 2009

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

Providing your wheels and/or car isn't modified you have a case.
Persistencey is the key however!

:)

I claimed for my alloy a couple of years ago and got paid full for my wheel. I was glad about that, and also I was glad I took photos too as the within a few days the council was there filling it up with tarmac. Photos don't tell lies especially with time and date on.
Hope you get paid for your wheel. GOOD LUCK

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users