2 replies to this topic

#1 Raines005

Raines005

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 2001 TDI
Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:37 PM

Hi All

I bought a focus a few months ago. It is a 2001 model so it has the newer double headlight. It has a button on the dashboard to adjust the height of the dipped beam, but when I use this nothing seems to happen. Does anyone know what could be the problem and how it can be fixed?

many thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 diamondlock

diamondlock

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 02reg 3doorLX
Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

Hi All

I bought a focus a few months ago. It is a 2001 model so it has the newer double headlight. It has a button on the dashboard to adjust the height of the dipped beam, but when I use this nothing seems to happen. Does anyone know what could be the problem and how it can be fixed?

many thanks

Hi, a bit late in sending this but..... If you remove the headlight cover on the back of the headlight you will see one of two things 1] right in the centre their is a " plastic butter fly - key type". or 2] an oblong box, the later is the motor that drives the headlight up & down if you have the plastic key then you need to replace with the motor, had this happend to a friend of mine when he bought a focus.

#3 SierraYankee99

SierraYankee99

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford
Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

The motors arent cheap either. About 70 each IIRC. Might be better to source a couple from scrap yards if you can, but be very careful they are a sod to get out without breaking the little ball off the end.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users