Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Name: Simba
  • Ford Model: Zetec 1.6 Mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Got mine in the post today :) very excited bout this little mod. I'm doing all my interior red (well red lights/led) so this will be a nice little touch. One question I have though I have a set of logo lights/ puddle lights, I'm not very good with a multimeter but I tried to find wires to connect them to so that they turn on when I open the door but there doesn't seem to be any wiring for this in my door. Anyone know how I can connect these little buggers? Looking to do a guide on it if I can find out how or where to connect the wires.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Where do you plan on fitting the Logo lights in the mirror's or bottom of the door?

You could run a wire from the interior light through the door rubber grommet , so they will come on when you open the door. If your fitting in the mirror then maybe you could get the power from the door lock , but not sure on that.

#48 SkinnyB

SkinnyB

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Where do you plan on fitting the Logo lights in the mirror's or bottom of the door?

You could run a wire from the interior light through the door rubber grommet , so they will come on when you open the door. If your fitting in the mirror then maybe you could get the power from the door lock , but not sure on that.

#49 SkinnyB

SkinnyB

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

I've already fitted them to the bottom of the door panel. As for running the wire from the interior light that's just a no go as I can't even get the metal panel off (which I believe is attached to the window or the window mechanism) behind the door card. There are 5 black wires running to the door lock I believe, I might just try that tommorow, looks like its back out with the multimeter for me. Will update tomorrow. Cheers Preee!

#50 SkinnyB

SkinnyB

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Just a quick update, managed to connect the logo lights to the door lock, there is 5 black wires running to the door lock. 3 thick ones and 2 thin ones, connected ground to one of the thick ones and positive to one of the thin ones (having the multimeter at hand did help). Only thing in not that happy about is the logo lights themself

#51 SkinnyB

SkinnyB

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Just a quick update, managed to connect the logo lights to the door lock, there is 5 black wires running to the door lock. 3 thick ones and 2 thin ones, connected ground to one of the thick ones and positive to one of the thin ones (having the multimeter at hand did help). Only thing in not that happy about is the logo lights themself, they aren't that bright :(. Big thanks to you Paul for pointing me in the right direction!

#52 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

Glad i could help.
Any pictures of the logo ligyts there was alot of interest in them on here

#53 SkinnyB

SkinnyB

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Ok I will stick a couple or so later on when it's dark and I've got back home.

#54 clubber

clubber

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Ford Model: ST3

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Ok I will stick a couple or so later on when it's dark and I've got back home.

Any update on photos or a guide?

#55 SkinnyB

SkinnyB

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

IMG_1980.JPG

Right there is a pic of the logo lights. couldnt upload any earlier as my laptop was having a funny five minutes. they look alright in that picture but i had to take the picture when it was really dark so that my camera could pick them up.
i have to admit i didnt like them that much when i first put them in but they have started to grow on me now, even my missus made a comment about them (by that i mean she actually said "oh, i see you put your lights in") considering the amount of mods ive done since i got the car since i got it she has NEVER commented on anything. Ok maybe she made passing remarks on a couple of occasions, maybe thats why i have started to like them :o

#56 SkinnyB

SkinnyB

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

let me know if you want me to do a guide on it, its pretty straight forward but im happy to do one if its going to help anyone :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users