• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Name: Jean-Claude
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2005

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:39 PM

Repair Work Day 3

ok day 3, tried starting early again but the land of sleep was so comforting then the team called and woke me so we could get started

ok so we gathered and pondered on the next move. had some aligning issues and bolts that needed alot of force to get them in. so we decided lets get a table out there and lets get the pc out there too for info when we need it :D hey the chickens joined too :) (weird things)

ok so today we got all the cables in their right homes and figured out where everything plugged in and bolted the dash bar down. oh and we got the steering arm in and mounted it and i found out the unit where the key goes in was attached to the steering arm :D

well thats kinda all we got done. even the girlfriend came to check the progress :P

The pondering moments

Posted Image

Posted Image

The girlfriend (Megan would her name :D )checking on the progress :)

Posted Image

Day was already late and i didnt get more during day photos only as the friends were about to leave :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Exferes

Exferes

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

the cables for the airbag were taped down as i have no airbags. they were already deployed from day of purchase :(

Posted Image

We managed to get the dash board in the same night but while i was plugging stuff in i noticed the cable that plugs into the main head lights switch to turn the lights on and off was too short. it then hit me the cables had to go over the dash bar.. so not kewl. i had to take everything off and loosen all the bolts. i had to take the dash bar out flip the cables over and put everything back. (PS: Dont forget to do this if you remove the bar :) )
ok so progress was made. even had the speedometer clocks in and had to glue down that top part of the dash that the speedometer goes into. it was apart from the main dash.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

one part of the dash broke where i glued earlier that day. will have to fix it the next day

Posted Image

So gotta get me some airbag and covers or just covers

#19 Exferes

Exferes

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:41 PM

Ok so hungry for info i went looking. i came across another scrap yard.. and to my luck.... a fiesta facelift model of mine... YAY!!! must take pictures!

ok so to my luck it has what i need :)

List:

Airbags and covers.
ABS pump/controller
Water bottle for windscreen wipers
Bonnet lock and cable
Engine mounts
Bracket for clutch and accelerator cable
Gear lever and cover
Battery box with computer box holder
Some guard that goes by the engine ( i might have that. will check)
An engine and gearbox

ok so i took pictures and made notes and got prices

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Exferes

Exferes

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Exferes

Exferes

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

ford knowledge +1!!! ok now to get parts

he gave me pricing of the following just for interest sake :)
Main light (left only) R400
Steering pump + hose R100
ABS Pump R500
Floor Mats R???
Gear Lever + rubber cover R100
Engine protector R100
Bracket for clutch and accelerator cable R50
Engine + gearbox mounts R500
Bonnet lock and cable R300
Engine and gearbox R10000
Cable harness for engine bay R500
Computer box R500
Airbags and covers R1500
Ford Mag and tire R700

later that afternoon i finally got the engine i paid for months back. been nagging for it forever and the guy gave in finally.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

not to shabby :) finally an engine... yay:)

#22 Exferes

Exferes

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

Repair Work Day 4

Ok so that night i went to work on the car. feeling all excited that the steering arm is in i decided to put the key in.....hmmmmm problem

i cant get the key in.. not cool. i can maybe get it in if i drop the steering arm with that lever but still makes no sense.

i went back and checked photos... turn out the key part was messed up from when i bought the car

not the best photo but the steering wheel clearly looks pushed back :(

Posted Image

and it must be like this picture

Posted Image

photos of the current state of my problem

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

chickens came to check up on me :) funny things :)

Posted Image

ok my conclusion. the dash bar must be bent :(
so i took everything out even the bar. looked at it and i can see its bent. its not bent that bad but if we struggled to get it in then something is wrong.
so i gave up for the night and decided to get the bar from the fiesta facelift model tomorrow

#23 Exferes

Exferes

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

ok went back the next day and got the dash bar for R200. not too bad
i helped take it out and it wasnt that hard. bolts came out nice (kept all the bolts i could get for just incase :) ) so i had a feeling this was the right bar and i had to have it:)

Repair Work Day 5

Ok got home got the bar in. fitted much better and got the bolts in way easier. so this must be it :)
dont know why but the door got my attention. it was loose so i decided to get the panel off. too my surprise... a speaker missing... they panel beater must have jacked them. not to worry ill make a plan there. maybe some Rockford Fosgate depending on the cash flow or some pioneer if my buddy will give discount :P
ok so bar in and cables attached and..... hmmmmm.... same problem... not cool at all :(
so i sat there in confusion as to maybe the steering arm is bent :( then something caught my eye. on that unit that the steering wheel mounts too there were these 2 bolts pushing against the pole and 2 ontop of the unit i loosened them all and got the screw drive and wedged the steering mount part forward.... oh my soul.. i didnt need a new bar :P the thing just got pushed in. LOL!!!! yay progress :)

ok so i tried to mount as much of the dash as i could. i was right at the end when i got to the controls for the aircon and air duct and noticed an extra cable. hmmmm where does it belong. i really could find a home so i left it behind the unit loose and kept going. then when i wanted to put the plastic piece that goes like under the steering wheel (also has a fold down holster for money or stuff) i saw a place that holds something. i looked at the shape and notice it matches the cable i left loose behind the aircon controls. i tried my hardest to get that cable but noooooooo... i wasnt getting it that east. i had to take the whole radio part off. at that moment i decided im gonna clean everything :) so i started stripping the car. ( yes im mad :) ) lol

pictures below ( chickens came to investigate again. they tried to get in the car this time but no luck. they just cant fly :) )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Exferes

Exferes

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

made a note of the radio stickers as i think this is not the original radio and i might need the code somehow (any help will be fantastic :) )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

it hit me that the cable that ford plugs into goes here

Posted Image

Posted Image

yay another day of progress :)

#25 Exferes

Exferes

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:47 PM

Repair Work Day 6

Today nothing wow. just stripped the car more. the one back seat doesnt fold down so i had to figure out how to get it out. after some time fiddling i managed to get the cover where the lever is off and got the pliers in there and pulled the lever up and the seat came loose.. YAY!!! the plastic in there is broken so it doesnt pull the arm up... this is gonna a tough one to fix. will see how it goes. noticed all the speakers are gone out the car. cant believed they jacked them :angry:
any ways just need to get everything cleaned from the dust and greasy prints

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and the chickens finally got put in the car. no more curiosity he he

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

not much done today :( and the weekend im away so no work progress going to be done till monday night.

#26 Exferes

Exferes

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

Repair Work Day 7 & 8

ok not much building done but i got stevey over and we cleaned everything the past 2 days. it looks all new :)
also glued stuff that needed glue and reinforcing. still need to finish up the dash and glue down the part that the speedometer mounts in as i used weird glue that didnt hold. maybe tomorrow finish it off as i took forever waiting for glue to dry on the plan i made to reinforce the one part on the dash
I was thinking of sanding the dash down where i glued but i will check it out when its dry.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

thats all for today :)

#27 Exferes

Exferes

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:49 PM

Repair Work Day 9

Ok today i actually didnt do any work :P . i finally decided to do this topic post. it has been on my mind since i started and i just had to do it. so im doing it
i also managed to get another engine today along with some parts. i got the complete engine with no starter for R9000... the guy gave it to me for R9k as i was struggling for cash and iv been there almost everyday. i also got the bonnet lock, engine mounts, bracket for the clutch and accelerator, cable harness for engine bay and computer box and ABS pump. i only took pictures of the engine today will take pictures tomorrow of the other parts i got.

ok these are the photos. i also need help if anyone can assist. i have no idea what plugs into some of the cables (the one picture of the enlarged plug is ok, it was broken but i found a new clip) and the engine came loose during transport and the cover broke by the gear box but ill glue that :P
the engine looks so nice and clean and complete compared to my other one. cant wait to get it in... he he :)
but any info on the plugs would be great ( pictures even better if there are any)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

thats it for today. will post more tomorrow :D

#28 Exferes

Exferes

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

Repair Work Day 10

Today was a slow day. so tired from the night before doing that post. had no thinking power left :(

cleaned some more stuff again :D also was cleaning something in the car when i noticed the floor was wet. dont know how but rain got in there. so i ended up taking all the carpeting out. it was soaked.
gonna have to let it dry in the morning. had to take the dash bar out again to get the heater box out. the carpet runs under it and behind it.

well thats all i really did for the night and then i was lights out :P

i didnt take any pics of the progress. totally forgot

here are the pics of the stuff i got a while ago. engine mounts, cable harness for engine bay, bonnet lock and some rubbers. and a gear lever cover :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

thats it :)

#29 Exferes

Exferes

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:00 PM

YAY its friday!!

didnt do any work today. had alot of stuff packed away. sister came to visit so had to make some space for her.

i did manage to get a starter motor for R300 from the scrap yard which was a steal as the spare shops wanted R1500 for it.

Posted Image

will make some more progress tomorrow

#30 Exferes

Exferes

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

Repair Work Day 10

saturday today :)
put back the carpet and grey carpet stuff in the car and put back the dash again :)
this time i remembered the cables to go over the bar and the cable that goes under the driver side by that random hole. and i discovered 2 pieces that belong on the side of the dash :D

stuff i cleaned (some of it)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

marked the screw packets to make life easier

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users