• Super Mod
  • 14,319 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Always blame the wives. ;)

I tend to find that if I've finished a night shift and haven't got a duty for a couple of days I like to drive home with no music on and find it very relaxing.
Peace and quiet after sitting in a vehicle for many hours with the constant chirping of the airwaves and cleartone or the clutter of a working vehicle.
Just me, the road and two sleeping dogs in the back.
Heaven indeed.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 NorthSussex

NorthSussex

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Name: Stormin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Petrol manual
  • Year: 2009

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Always blame the wives. ;)

Wives! You're a glutton for punishment. :rolleyes:

#18 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 15,299 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
Contributor

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Mistakes are commonly made by all, just goes to show even the boys in blue admit to being human lol.

I guess that's why insurance is mandatory, if an officer of the law admits defeat, and knows his limits, little timmy whose father bought him a driving licence and sports car for his 17th birthday won't, and will have the reflexes of a goldfish...

My main enemy is distraction, I look at the car ahead move off at a rate, I glance for traffic on the roundabout and Cack myself realising the person in front abandoned their racing entry to the roundabout and if my feet do not move quickly enough my insurance will bend me over their desks.

I have been driving 7 years and still get caught out, no doubt many more will have driven countless more and suffer the same. The world is dynamic and unpredictable, I tell myself that now every time I get in the car, and just hope my brain and limbs have direct sight of each other.

#19 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

i drove into the back of someone once.... while being distracted by a rather good looking girl in the car next to me.... ooooops...

Was only a little 5mph bump... but it was into a Merc CLS :(

#20 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,917 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

i drove into the back of someone once.... while being distracted by a rather good looking girl in the car next to me.... ooooops...

Was only a little 5mph bump... but it was into a Merc CLS :(

LMAO oops :lol: :lol:

That's it, another women caused an accident... What can I say

#21 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
  • Name: Daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

I remember the first day I got my first car it was a few weeks after id passed my test, I came off the dual carriage way up to a round about and I distinctly remember looking onto the round about on the way up and seeing that it was clear and for some reason I didnt look again when I actually got to the round about and pulled straight onto it and just managed to get forward enough onto the round about to prevent a car spearing me in the side :/ that was just inexperience and a big lesson. Thats the only near miss I've had and it didnt half put the jitters up me

#22 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Come to think of it it was a woman in the other car that nearly hit me! It was obviously her fault! Haha ;)

#23 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,319 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

When I'd just passed my test I used to have the habit of forgetting to put the car in gear before trying to pull away from junctions.
Scared a few people on hills that's for sure (including myself) :D

#24 DanGersFord

DanGersFord

Dan The Gas Man

• FOC Supporters
  • 3,498 posts
Contributor

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Haha I had it once or twice where id beem at a junction and went to pull put into small gaps in the traffic only to realise I was in 3rd gear or something therefore managing to get out onto the road very slowly infrontnof oncoming traffic before I realised what the problem was. Inexperience again lol. Its true what they say-you only realy start learning to drive when you pass your test and you're out there yourself. Im a much better driver now than I was 4 years ago. Its not your own driving you need to worry about its other peoples lol

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users