Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 brobbo

brobbo

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Absolutely brilliant :) I've been out in it for a good while tonight and I'm really impressed. It just has a lovely feel to it. My girlfriend says it feels like a spaceship inside. The handling is fantastic for a car this size too.

I love it.

thats encouraging :-)
i had a mk7 fiesta titanium in the past and went to a corsa vxr so going to be quite a jump in comfort levels.

how are you finding the engine? i really love the look of the interior

#18 PumpkinSteve

PumpkinSteve

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 284 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 125ps
  • Year: 2011

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

The engine is better than I initially thought. I think the torque figures are identical to the Fiesta, but it doesn't feel underpowered at all. I love it.

#19 PumpkinSteve

PumpkinSteve

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 284 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 125ps
  • Year: 2011

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:47 AM

I just thought I'd update this after 6 months of owning the car. I'm loving it more than ever  :) I tend to change my car once a year, and it's always because I fancy a change rather than disliking the car I have. I can see myself hanging onto the Focus for a while as it's a very easy car to live with day to day. I especially like the refinement and ability to take the edge off imperfections in the road. Having owned sportier cars before, it's nice to have a quiet and relaxing drive home after a hard day's work. Despite the decent ride the handling is fantastic though, the cornering is really excellent for a car this size. It really is a joy to drive!

I'd still like a little more power (maybe the 150ps). This engine does struggle doing 10-15mph in second gear, but the other side to that is it's excellent on motorways, very quiet. I guess the new models with the 6-speed gearbox have solved the problem of the long gearing and are more flexible around town. I can't complain about the engine too much though as I get over 43mpg and very rarely drive on the motorway. I do have quick (but legal) runs out now and again in the dead of night, so it's not all Miss Daisy driving.

I wouldn't like to pay full list price for a Focus Titanium, I bought this one at a year old for £12,500, but I would definitely buy another Focus. If my dealer phoned me up and asked me if I wanted to swap mine for a newer model then I'd do it. My only regret with this car is choosing a black one! I'd get either Candy Red, Lunar Sky or Burnished Glow next time. But I really would like another Titanium with all the toys  :)

P.S. I've seen spy shots of the 2014 Focus with the Aston-style front end. Can't wait to see what improvements they'll make to the car after the fantastic Fiesta facelift!

#20 b4zz

b4zz

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Name: Barry
  • Ford Model: facelift focus zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

the new car looks very nice fella and glad you are liking it.

still not sure if I like these new shape focus yet but I think in time they will grow on me lol

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users