#1051 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

:lol: That really is a silly price to pay. Atleast you get a free refill for life.. :unsure:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#1052 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

Hi all,

I'm not sure where to put this, so i'll try it here.

I'm having a mini clear out of my detailing products. Grab yourself a bargin :) I have the following:

1 X 50g clay bar - unopened 5 delivered

1 X 1 litre Auto Glym Ultra Deap Shine - hardly used, so around 90% full. 12 delivered

1 X 325ml Auto Glym Metal Polish - hardly used, around 95% full. 5 delivered

1 X 500ml Auto Glym Extra gloss protection, around 60-70% full 7 delivered

I also have 2 Auto Glym alloy wheel sealent, this is in a spray can, 5 for both.

If anybody who wants them lives local to Milton Keynes, you can have the lot for 20

I accept Paypal, or cash in person. PM me for more details.

#1053 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,569 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

Could have told me Mark before I went to Halfords on Saturday.... :P

#1054 Puckacostello

Puckacostello

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:04 AM

Has anyone ever snowfoamed the engine bay of the mk7 yet? i want to but im unsure!
thanks
shaun

#1055 gokito

gokito

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta 1.4 tdci

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:40 PM

Hi all,
I was looking at some OZ rims and they are ET 25. Should they fit the mk7? Thank you.

#1056 Ben...

Ben...

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk 7 Fiesta Zetec-S TDCi

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

Has anyone ever snowfoamed the engine bay of the mk7 yet? i want to but im unsure!
thanks
shaun

Yes. Just be cautious. Obviously don't spray directly at any wiring connections or looms

#1057 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:36 AM

thanks
shaun

I have to ask why you want to do this - the point of snowfoam is to dwell and pull dirt downwards under the force of gravity.

As the engine bay is flat, you're not going to get that affect, you're better off getting in there with brushes and an APC, followed by a rinse with an open hose and then a protection product such as Aerospace 303.

Snow foam just seems a waste of product to me.

#1058 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

I thought the purpose of snowfoam was to soften and loosen the dirt, by trapping a layer of moisture, much like you'd soak a stubborn stain on a dish.

Gravity plays no part in it.

#1059 DanGull

DanGull

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:16 PM

Gravity plays every part in it. If you want to soften dirt, use a prewash - ValetPro Orange for example. The whole point of snow foam is that its suds are huge and thick - so they gradually leave the car and take dirt with them.

Lots of people think their mixture is too thin, because after a good 20 minute dwell it's nearly all gone - this is the whole point. When you come to rinse snow foam, you should find most of it on the ground at the base of your car - and if it's done its job the suds will be full of dirt.

#1060 gokito

gokito

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta 1.4 tdci

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

:D .

#1061 Sam C

Sam C

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Name: Sam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi Mark VII
  • Year: 2011

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:17 PM

Hi guys, my new car arrives on Monday and I just had a few questions regarding getting a new car ready for the winter. I've only ever detailed second hand cars so wasn't sure if there is anything different to do when starting with brand new paint.

I was going to clay it to get rid of any protection that Ford may have applied. But after, I'm not so sure. Normally I would polish, seal and the glaze to hide any swiss etc before waxing. However, on a new car, I wasnt sure if there was any point in using a glaze.

I already have shampoo, clay, AG SRP and EGP but need to get some products for light coloured cars. Was planning to use Poorboys stuff as I've always had good results with it in the past and it seems to be good value for money.

Cheers for any help.

#1062 stella123

stella123

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Stella
  • Ford Model: Explorer

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

hi there
picking new car up Friday,what do i need to keep it in reasonable condition from new as this is my first ever brand new car.so what polish,wax ,wash,mitt ,drying cloth,polishing application do i need as i have seen the stuff in halfrauds the American stuff is it any good and can some 1 list what i require please.

Congrats,How much did you pay for your new car?

#1063 Gazjs

Gazjs

Area Rep: Central and North Scotland (Detailing Obsessive)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 6 Facelift
Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:23 AM

Hi guys, my new car arrives on Monday and I just had a few questions regarding getting a new car ready for the winter. I've only ever detailed second hand cars so wasn't sure if there is anything different to do when starting with brand new paint.

I was going to clay it to get rid of any protection that Ford may have applied. But after, I'm not so sure. Normally I would polish, seal and the glaze to hide any swiss etc before waxing. However, on a new car, I wasnt sure if there was any point in using a glaze.

I already have shampoo, clay, AG SRP and EGP but need to get some products for light coloured cars. Was planning to use Poorboys stuff as I've always had good results with it in the past and it seems to be good value for money.

Cheers for any help.

I would defiantly clay. You will be very surprised at the amount of rubbish the bar will pick up on a new car. If you plan on using Poorboys, there glaze, i think its Diamond White is very good. As is there glaze for dark cars. I think you could possibly miss out either of the SRP or Glaze though. If your looking to mask swirls then SRP is an excellent filler.

#1064 mitch84

mitch84

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Name: steve
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium mk2.5

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

hello

Ive just got myself some dodo red mist tropical detailer spray for my white mk7 , i always use dodo BTBM shampoo but thought i would try the red mist as well after ive washed the car.

Is it ok to use red mist as a quick detailer or do i need to wax my car as well?

Ive always been under the impression that red mist spray is a quicker way instead of using wax if one has not always got the time to wax??

IF its ok to use as a lone product when the car is clean ,is it a case of just spraying on and wiping over with a microfibre cloth?

cheers

mitch

#1065 DanGull

DanGull

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

I wouldn't use it alone - if you're short on time use Need for Speed and top that with Red Mist.

There is some protection value in Red Mist, but really only as a topper.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users