Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford part - help required to identify it

Michael R

I am trying to find a replacement part for this plastic cover which is broken. But I don't know what it is called and have had no luck so far. It is the plastic cover on the bottom side of the driver's seat where the electric seat controls are located. As you can see mine is cracked and is coming away from the seat as the screw has broken. Can anyone help please?.

car seat.JPG

I doubt they'll be available new separately from the seat.  Best thing to try would be people breaking C-Max's on eBay or Gumtree and send them that picture.  

It's called a seat valance.

You remove a bolt at the rear and it unclips then the adjustment controls just unclip.

Part is available new here-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-C-Max-MK2-Front-O-S-RH-Seat-Valance-1812259/162205916012?epid=2093064603&hash=item25c439db6c:g:1AsAAOSw-0xYdxbT

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. That's great

• Like 1

Hi I have tried to fix this and it appears that the plastic nut/caps that secures the screws have broken and so the screws won't start secure. Can anyone tell me what the parts are? Thanks

Thank you. I believe it is just a plastic trim rivet/ clip for the screw 17D813.

Presumably I can just pick these up in Halfords?

• 2 years later...

Has anyone carried out this repair on their C-Max recently?  I need to replace this part on mine as the seat valance has cracked at the front inner bracket, so was wondering if there's an order to taking parts off to get to the securing screws?  Any help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm about to do this repair too so would be interesting in knowing if there's an order to removing the old broken parts and installing the new.

I have the valance.

Hope to do this over the weekend so I'll update with progress 

This must be a popular thing as mine is broken too same place as everyone’s. I called in at ford and they quoted £600+ just for parts. 

• 8 months later...

Advise from @Stoney871 was very helpful. I have ordered the part but a video or pictures will be extremely helpful. How do I unclip adjustment controls?

Also the valence under my car seat has a screw at the front as well as back. I cannot unscrew the screw at the front because it’s obstructed by a black box. How do I make way for the screw driver?

Thank you all,

Jawwad

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club