Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ABS PUMP PROBLEM

isetta

2007 Fiesta 1.6tdci. 164k miles.  ABS light is on, has been for a while. Code read says it is ABS pump problem, code comes back straightaway if cleared. has any one had this problem and sorted it without having to replace the ABS pump?  or do we reckon it's always a case of definitely needing to replace the whole unit?

Could try checking the pump fluid. It's located on the left side of the car when you remove the splash shield of the wheel arch. Mine makes a whining sound whenever I turn the steering wheel which don't know is normal. Probably might be normal as that could be the electric motor working. 

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:53 PM, isetta said:

2007 Fiesta 1.6tdci. 164k miles.  ABS light is on, has been for a while. Code read says it is ABS pump problem, code comes back straightaway if cleared. has any one had this problem and sorted it without having to replace the ABS pump?  or do we reckon it's always a case of definitely needing to replace the whole unit?

The ABS module can't be repaired at home so usually is a case of replacement, though guaranteed used ones should be cheap enough.  Would check wiring first though, particularly the earths which are likely to be corroded.

Hi Zain611, did you misunderstand? I was talking about ABS, you are talking about power steering aren't you?

Hi TomsFocus, It's my brother's car (was mine before that). I told him to at least remove the wiring plug and check connections. But it is very hard to get to. At this time of year and due to my working hours and having no garage etc I am not keen to go out of my way to do it for him. And he needs to sort it fairly quickly as MOT shortly due so I think he is just going to take it to a garage and get them to sort it as long as they use a 2nd hand part if it needs replacing, as the cost of new part would be too expensive.