Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What induction kit will improve sound / power if there are any.

Bowser2018

Im looking to remap my fiesta next year along with a exhaust change and i would also like to change out the induction kit to improve the sound. Does anyone have any recommendations for good induction kits. Not sure if induction kits will do anything to improve the bhp but if they do could someone let me know, cheers.

They change the sound of your engine considerably especially when paired with a performance exhaust, i have a KandN 57i cone and it cost round 110 quid, they sell a stupid one with a heat-shield for over 300 but f**k that.

Performance exhaust will make an even bigger difference to exhaust note depending on brand, i use a Cobra Sport on my none turbo 1.6 Zetec S and I definitely recommend a remap after installing both an air intake and exhaust onto the car especially if you have a turbo.

You will get a lot of conflicting opinions of air intake systems, it depends on the car in terms to how much you should spend, a simple performance panel filter will suffice, i personally use an open cone filter with no heat-shield but I do not drive enough for this to ever become a heat sucking problem, I had my splitter cut to fit the air intake pipe properly and have it tied up nicely pointed at the cone, heat-shield prices are absurd.

Ps. I noticed you are from Manchester, look for a company called Rhino Remaps a bloke called Damon he is honest and priced fair, i reckon it will only cost you 149.99 for the remap with him, he uses AlienTech to customise the ecu files and does the uploading and diagnostics all from home.

I've had a mountune one and an ITG system. Mountune is basically similar to stock with a drop in filter, slightly more sound. ITG (or any open filter) will be much louder. Mine make constant induction noise and sneezes when lifting off, even at little throttle. I personally like it, it does make a lot of noise all the time! All on personal preference, but for the most noise go for anything open.

On the BHP front, you would never notice the difference on the road if it makes 1-2more by itself. I felt maybe mine picked up quicker on the throttle but no quicker, but could be just a placebo thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I've sorted my own induction kit for my ST.  I have a mushroom filter on the AS MAF housing, at the minute it's connected to the standard turbo pipe, which I'll be swapping out shortly and the standard bottom half of the airbox is there.  I'll also be swapping that out for a CEUK cage.  My filter was £25, the MAF housing was £40, the pipe will be about £40 and the cage is £35.  I refuse to hand over the sort of money that a decent induction kit costs because at the end of the day, it's no different to the one I've made and it'll cost at least £100 less.  It's not about saving money, but more putting your own touch and thought into your own car.