Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S 1.6 Ti-Vct Cold Start Problems?

Mcfckyle91

Hi,

I have had my car for over a year now and it is a 2010 Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 44k on clock (Petrol), I have had the following issue for a while and this is before installing my performance exhaust, induction kit and remapping the engine so I have ruled them out. I also regularly service the car every year and like to look after it.

Particularly in the morning I can roll off my street just fine however, the first initial acceleration from first to second gear yields a power loss at the pedal and the engine sounds a bit bouncy or juddery so to speak, the power after a few seconds just kicks back in and works completely fine from there on, no hints of any problems after the initial power loss. I tend to release the pedal when I feel it happen but I am sure if I forced the accelerator the power would eventually kick back in too quickly and stall the engine, I usually have to let the engine sort itself out and have had this happen turning onto the mini roundabout at the top of my street almost causing a crash.

Is it worth replacing the Ignition Coil and Leads as these are definitely stock or am i just wasting money?

My mechanic wants the car in overnight to test drive in morning but i much prefer to fix simple things myself if possible.

I average about 27-30MPG driving around 2.5-3.5k revs before gear changes.

Thanks for reading.

Ps. Just to confirm the car never ever loses power after the first cold start or say 15 minutes into a drive it only ever happens usually in the morning at the first point of acceleration, it sometimes happens after work when it has been stood a little while but mainly just in the morning.