Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiring a rear dash cam

Bluebottle03

Hi, I have a Mk7 fiesta. I've just upgraded from my Nextbase 412GW to the 512GW front and rear cameras. I need some help with the wiring for the rear camera. I wanted to run the wire from the camera through the rubber wiring channel between the hatch and the car roof but there's no access to the back of the boot lid - it's solid metal. I don't want to run the wire over the boot seal as it will be compressed every time the boot is opened and closed, which could cause damage to the wire. There is a small gap between the rear window and the boot, but the connector on the wire is too big to fit through. Do I drill a hole big enough in the metal rim of the boot next to the rubber wire channel to fit the wire through, or chop the wire and try to feed it through the gap down to the rubber channel and then through to the roof lining?

Feed it through the roof lining and drill a hole or a hole the cable thickness and a slot to bring it out. Loop it to the camera and leave it loose so you can open and close the boot.

Mine cable goes through the the rubber boot, pull the boot off at the hatch end, you can then feed the cable through to one of the plastic caps on the top edge of the boot lid, I drilled a hole on the edge of the cap to make a slot for the cable, the cable is held on with self adhesive cable clips, less than 200mm of cable us visible and only when you look for it with the boot open.

cable runs to the front cam by pushing it into the gaps between the headlining and pillar/window trims.