Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Fiesta - Aircondition switches don't light up

Patikol

Hello everyone,

I have a 2007 Mk5 Fiesta and I am having a bit of a trouble with the Aircondition switches' backlights.

More specifically, the aircondition works fine. However, the green backlight doesn't work at the 3 aircon round switches when I open the car's lights. It does work, however, on the 2 buttons underneath (AC on and Recirculation). 

There used to be light at those switches too up to some months ago. Then they started sometimes working, sometimes not, and after a while they stopped lighting up completely.

I circled with red below the switches that don't light up and with green the ones that do. (photo is not mine)

Gpfsgj6.jpg

on my previous 2007 fiesta (which is a Mk6.5 fiesta in the UK numbering) those lights often did not work but would come on if I hit the side of the console hard with palm of hand. I could never be bothered to investigate further. 

Could either be a loose connection or the light stopped working. At least thankfully the AC works 

On 12/1/2018 at 12:13 PM, isetta said:

on my previous 2007 fiesta (which is a Mk6.5 fiesta in the UK numbering) those lights often did not work but would come on if I hit the side of the console hard with palm of hand. I could never be bothered to investigate further. 

This is gonna sound ridiculous but this actually worked! In fact, I didn’t even had to hit it hard - I just slightly tapped it on the side and the lights came on! Couldn’t imagine such an oldschool fix would work 😂

• Like 2

And people say hitting something won't fix it 😂. It's good you got it sorted without having to do anything drastic. 

Keep the hammer in reserve! 

Well done,useful advice but a bit sad really 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club