Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Really strange boot issue?

DeesneB

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on what appears to be an episode of the twilight zone? 

Went to unlock my mk3. Focus this morning via fob and noticed the boot unlocked. After slamming it shut and scratching my head I got in and turned the ignition. Boot unlocked. By this point I was extremely baffled. 

After work, same thing happened. I then locked car from inside and when i unlocked it to let a passenger in, ole booty unlocked itself again. Several expletives later I was back in the driving seat with the boot wincing from the fury of me closing it. Thought I'd roll the window down for a breather... You guessed it. Boot unlocked. 

Has anyone else had this issue, or am I losing the plot? 

I've only had the car a week and a half, so not concerned about it being fixed. It's just so bizzare. I keep hearing Rod Serling narrating my journeys. Any input is greatly appreciated! 

8 hours ago, DeesneB said:

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on what appears to be an episode of the twilight zone? 

Went to unlock my mk3. Focus this morning via fob and noticed the boot unlocked. After slamming it shut and scratching my head I got in and turned the ignition. Boot unlocked. By this point I was extremely baffled. 

After work, same thing happened. I then locked car from inside and when i unlocked it to let a passenger in, ole booty unlocked itself again. Several expletives later I was back in the driving seat with the boot wincing from the fury of me closing it. Thought I'd roll the window down for a breather... You guessed it. Boot unlocked. 

Has anyone else had this issue, or am I losing the plot? 

I've only had the car a week and a half, so not concerned about it being fixed. It's just so bizzare. I keep hearing Rod Serling narrating my journeys. Any input is greatly appreciated! 

as you have only had the car a week and half, drop car back to where you got it from and get them to sort the problem out for you :smile: