Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 MK 7.5 Blower Not Working at Any Speed

Willy

Hi

I've not driven the ST for a few weeks and discovered the heater / blower isn't working at any speed setting.

I've checked the blower fuse in the engine bay and will be taking out the pollen filter and resistor to check there connections but I suspect the blower motor is faulty.

Does anyone have any ideas on a solution to this? 

I'll be booking the car in under warranty also.

** WORKING NOW **

Does it blow cold but not hot? If so could be the PTC resistor that's gone?

Edit: Sorry just reread your post and seen you've checked the resistor. I'll have a think tomorrow.

Yeah buddy, no air at all.

All the buttons light up and the flaps move behind the dash to direct the air but no air being blown through the vents on minimum or maximum.

First start would be to see if there is continuity & voltage drop across the blower motor. This would indicate it is using power. If it is, but clearly not working then can you take it out and see if it turns freely by hand? I think it should turn freely and if it's seized then this could be your problem, if not then look for something else.

There are other parts to the air con system like the compressor and it's clutch that could be the problem - these are a mechanic's job for sure. But you could try a refrigerant refill before this but I don't know if that would make a difference.

Have you got any forscan DTC codes?

No codes and the AC seems to engage / disengage when pushing the button 

My suspicion in damp has got in over the 2 weeks and affected the contacts. I'll take it all apart and test the circuits but if all else fails I'll book it in for a warranty job (Dec 2016)

Yes buddy, everything had a layer of moisture on it.

• Like 1

Was this the Heater resistor? Mine only works on 4 (As I assume it then bypasses the faulty resistor) So I've ordered a new part (£4) from eBay, hoping it solves my issue.

3 minutes ago, I'mAnExpertTrustMe said:

Was this the Heater resistor? Mine only works on 4 (As I assume it then bypasses the faulty resistor) So I've ordered a new part (£4) from ebay, hoping it solves my issue.

No buddy, mine didn't work at all on any setting.

If yours works on the highest setting (4) only then it's definitely the resistor that's faulty. My issue wasn't that sadly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club