Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can keyless entry be disabled by the dealer?

EightiesDuntonFordie

I've had a quick search on the forum and I can't see a discussion on this, so here goes..

Can keyless entry be disabled by the dealer? It came as standard on my 2018 Titanium-X and, to be honest, I find it a pain. Every time I lock or unlock the car I have to put the fob in / get the fob out of the TVL 'cloaking' wallet first ..and now (after 3 months) I discover that the TVL wallet doesn't work (purchased as a Ford accessory, being sent back to TVL). I forgot to take the fob out when I walked up to the car yesterday but found I could open it anyway! For something that's meant to be a feature, it's a real nuisance (along with keeping the fobs in the wallets in a biscuit tin at home). That and the fact that the car can be unlocked / relocked again by anyone else inside the first 30 seconds even when you've walked away from the vehicle with the fob in your pocket! Try it - I was shocked!

I'd be much happier just opening / closing the car with the 'plip' buttons on the fob.

So - does anyone know if the keyless entry (i.e. the door handle sensors 'hearing' the key fob) can be disabled by my dealer please?

I've had a quick search on the forum and I can't see a discussion on this, so here goes..
Can keyless entry be disabled by the dealer? It came as standard on my 2018 Titanium-X and, to be honest, I find it a pain. Every time I lock or unlock the car I have to put the fob in / get the fob out of the TVL 'cloaking' wallet first ..and now (after 3 months) I discover that the TVL wallet doesn't work (purchased as a Ford accessory, being sent back to TVL). I forgot to take the fob out when I walked up to the car yesterday but found I could open it anyway! For something that's meant to be a feature, it's a real nuisance (along with keeping the fobs in the wallets in a biscuit tin at home). That and the fact that the car can be unlocked / relocked again by anyone else inside the first 30 seconds even when you've walked away from the vehicle with the fob in your pocket! Try it - I was shocked!
 I'd be much happier just opening / closing the car with the 'plip' buttons on the fob.
So - does anyone know if the keyless entry (i.e. the door handle sensors 'hearing' the key fob) can be disabled by my dealer please?
i just bought rfid frequency blocker wallet & it does work. even with the flap open but key still in wont allow door open.
yunii

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

So did mine, when I first got it. 3 months later it doesn't. The one I'd been using to store the 2nd (unused) fob is ok, so I'm using that one for now and the 'now ineffective' wallet is being replaced by TVL.

I’m not sure that you can disable the system, well not easily. I’ll ask about on another forum I am on though.

getting into the car is only half the battle for thieves, the trickier bit is getting the car to think there’s is a key in the vehicle to start it. I’d recommend moving the OBD port somewhere more discreet and replacing it with a dummy one, or lock the port down with a case. Alternatively remove the fuse for the OBD socket and render it useless, a thief can replace the fuse in seconds though.

I have heard of people using forscan to disable keyless remote entry. They did not disable keyless ignition though as apparently disabling both will wipe the keys from memory.

I have the coding to disable ‘passive entry/exit’ however I cannot guarantee that they work. As long as you take a copy of your AS BUILT data though you shouldn’t have a problem trying it. I would try it on my car but I dont have keyless. 

I hired a car in the 'states with keyless operation. We discovered that when leaving the car the boot did not lock with the doors. It seemed to be many minutes before it did, lucky we checked, otherwise we could have walked a long way before the car became secure. Also when we were parked just outside our hotel room we couldn't be sure whether the car had locked at all.

After a couple of days I went through the menu and found that it could be turned off. So now we had control back. And now the boot locked with the doors.

Keyless locking seems to be seems to be a pointless idea - even without weird behaviour and security problems. Why do buyers think it is worth having?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club