Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recommened Tyre's

SukiDukes

Hiya,

I would like some advice on best tyres to fit on my Mk3  Ford Focus Titanium X 2.0 Estate . My current set-up is Avon size is 235-45-18-95Y. I have been told its best to fit the manufactured recommended tyres but have no ideal what these are so any advice would be truly welcomed.

Thanks in advanced

The 18 inch wheels should be 235/40/r18. Your current tyre size means the Speedo is reading slightly below your actual speed (difference of around 4%). This means at 60mph you're actually doing more like 63mph. The person who had the tyres fitted either had a poor tyre fitter or wanted a larger sidewall for less chance of pothole damage/ comfier ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have rain sports on my focus. brill in all seasons tbh. this is my personal preference, but I think quite a few may disagree 

• Thanks 1

Autoexpress's latest all weather group tyre test placed Continentals new all seasons tyre as being the best of those tested (dry, wet and snow conditions).  Group tyre test I've got these tyres on the rear of my MK2 and it feels nice and planted in all conditions.

• Thanks 1

I've just had 4 Dunlop Blue Response tryes on to replace the old Continental premium contact 2's. Much more happy with these

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, focusgeoff said:

I've just had 4 Dunlop Blue Response tryes on to replace the old continental premium contact 2's. Much more happy with these

The "issue" with the older Conti's is they only ever did summer or winter type tyres (no All Season tyres) so they were always compromised depending on the weather conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Prior to my Focus I had a Astra Estate 1.9 and had the Dunlop Blue's fitted. I found them great in the wet, and when we had the snow last year I was the only person moving around daily even picking my friends up who couldn't get their cars moving and taking them to work. Enjoy the gloating for nearly 4 days lol

Was actually considering having them fitted to my Focus for that reason, still pondering though at the mo as still plenty tread left on the ones fitted. (for now that is).

On 12/29/2018 at 12:52 PM, Luke4efc said:

The 18 inch wheels should be 235/40/r18. Your current tyre size means the Speedo is reading slightly below your actual speed (difference of around 4%). This means at 60mph you're actually doing more like 63mph. The person who had the tyres fitted either had a poor tyre fitter or wanted a larger sidewall for less chance of pothole damage/ comfier ride.

Mmmm? room for thought there, thanks!

rainsports are good but soft so wont last very long. I would try to get something with a 'low noise' feature. if your happy with the look of your 45 profile then I would stick with it as it will give a better ride quality whilst not really compromising on performance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club