Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Decat for fiesta 1.0 ecoboost

Declan Duckworth
聽Share

Would like to buy a used decat for my fiesta, any websites or know anyone selling one would be a great hep thanks.

9 hours ago, Declan Duckworth said:

Would like to buy a used decat for my fiesta, any websites or know anyone selling one would be a great hep thanks.

Don't decat,聽 some back pressure can be good, especially on turbocharged motors. If you cause a pressure dip in the turbine housing it can start leaking oil past the turbo oil seals, turbos now run high pressure oil feeds to account for the high pressure exhaust environment. You'll also loose some torque, on a 1.0l motor that's never a good thing.

If you want better performance, put your money into a sports cat, it'll still flow better than the original, it'll still meet approval for MOT, It'll keep some back pressure. Then a decent manifold and resonated cat back pipe, enclosed induction pipe, FMIC and remap.

Personally wouldn't bother with the induction kits聽 since the factory airbox is more than capable!聽

If you can weld..... eBay聽252379664146聽 拢69.99 for a universal 2" 200CPSI Sports cat

Or 拢79.99 for a 2.5"

If you cant,聽there are options on eBay for around 拢450

Okay thanks for the help mate, I currently can't weld and 拢450 definitely over my budget, so may have to keep an eye out for a second hand one which will be cheaper.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club