Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grinding Noise

Aldmi

Back in August when I had MOT on 2007 focus it had new rear calipers, pads and disks. It also had the handbrake fixed.

Since then I haven't had any problems with it. However of the last couple of weeks after I have been driving for 10 or so minutes when I turn corners there is a strange grinding/scraping noise. It doesn't do it all the time, it just seems to be after driving for a while. It also does it when reversing. 

What I have noticed however, is a few days ago I sprayed WD40 around the the rear wheels and the noise has stopped completely. Now obviously this is't a fix and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on what it could be, before I take it to get looked at?

I think you may need to look at the pads or shoes to see if they are worn out cheap pads don't last long

I would not spray WD 40 on the brakes as it will not do the pads or shoes any good

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aldmi said:

Back in August when I had MOT on 2007 focus it had new rear calipers, pads and disks. It also had the handbrake fixed.

Since then I haven't had any problems with it. However of the last couple of weeks after I have been driving for 10 or so minutes when I turn corners there is a strange grinding/scraping noise. It doesn't do it all the time, it just seems to be after driving for a while. It also does it when reversing. 

What I have noticed however, is a few days ago I sprayed WD40 around the the rear wheels and the noise has stopped completely. Now obviously this is't a fix and wondered if anyone had any thoughts on what it could be, before I take it to get looked at?

I hope that none od the WD-40 got anywhere near the pads! :shock:

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club