Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 tdci not started after egr replaced

Stalex

Hi all i had egr stuck shut code on my 1.6 tdci focus so today i replaced the egr vavle but when i went to start the car it just turns over it will not fire any ideas? I have checked everything 5 times and everything is fitted correctly 

Did you unhook the negative terminal on the battery? Maybe you blew a fuse if not.

Hi yes i did remove it. Sorry i should have put that in the post 

Did you undo any fuel lines for access?  Will need to bleed the system if so.

Assuming you have some sort of diags for the previous EGR code, have you tried scanning it now?

Hi i didnt undo any fuel pipes but the filter had to be tipped on its side when i moved it nothing came out though. I cleared the codes and none have returned but its still not starting 

What codes where they? Also, besides the EGR, dud you unplug any electrical connectors? Make sure they're plugged in and secure. I just blanked the EGR on mine (Can't justify the cost of a new one), and missed a plug.

Hi it was p042f i cleared it a few times before fitting the new egr and it kept coming back but it has not come back since fitting the new egr. I have checked all plugs and pipes everything is fine. I was going to blank it off on this but i got told it puts the car in limp mode. It just turns over fast and makes no attempt to actually fire up it started every time without fail before changing the egr. Thanks for the reply

Faulty new egr valve stuck open? Have you reset the egr learnt values in the pcm? 

Could it be manually opend to see if it will start up? I have not reset anything i didnt know anything about that 

Or if i bought the blanking plate would this solve the whole problem?

Blanking plate won't work on a 1.6TDCi Focus.  It causes the EML at best, and limp mode at worst on these.  If the PCM is detecting a fault with the EGR, a blanking plate won't stop that anyway, you'll just end up with the same 'EGR stuck closed' fault because it uses the flow through the MAF to determine whether the EGR opens or not.

Adaptions need resetting with Forscan or similar, but I think the engine should still start without doing that.  Ian knows more than me though lol.

• Like 1

I have been talking to somebody and they said the top of the egr valve the motor part held on with 3 torx has to go back on in a particular way otherwise the egr is stuck open and will stop the car starting does this sound about right? Im bot with the car till this afternoon. Thank you

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club